Land Levelling

/ Land Levelling #1  

deereman63

Silver Member
Tractor
deere 2210
I’m trying to do some landscaping, initially moving excavated soil and putting it around the pool. I will then have to reseed the area. I have a Fel and a box blade, but I’m not getting the smooth finish I was hoping for. The problem is that as I drive over the redistributed earth the tractor rises and falls. The box blade follows this action so I fail to get any leveling. Yet if I set it too low then it just digs in and moves everything off. Any suggestions?

/ Land Levelling #2  
I think, perhaps, you need to be finessing the box blade a bit. Drop it down quickly on the high spots and bring it up over the low areas to dump.

Once you've got this reasonably level, try setting the blade at a constant height and driving over it all in figure eights.

After that, I drag a 6X6 around and then an old slat spring bed frame I found out in the bush.

Slim

/ Land Levelling #3  
In addition to Slim's good advice:
You can back blade with the FEL either uncurled (down) about 3/4's to scrape with the under side of the cutting edge or fully curled (up) which will smooth with the bucket heel.
You can get the box blade to be less aggresive by adjusting the top 3PH link longer so the back cutting edge is lower than the front.
Doing a little compaction might help you control the whole operation better.
Some times you may need to just crawl along with your eye constantly on the scraper and adjusting constantly with the 3PH control.

/ Land Levelling
thanks the steel frame that they used to deliver the boxblade in will be just right I think