JD585

/ JD585 #1  

etcallhome

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1026R
I know this is a safety issue but where is the switch and what leads need to be connectted to keep the mower deck running in reverse.
My daughters father -in-law has a new 585 and he can not figure out which swittch and what wires need connected
He likes the backup light and other items just the mower shutting off everytime in rev

/ JD585 #2  
Hey etcallhome, I have a X585 and I don't know where the leads are to bypass the safety switch, but I will tell you how you can back up the 585 while the blades are turning. You see the X585 is desiged the go backwards while the mower is engaged.When you come to a stop and want to backup, just simply lift the same PTO lever that engages the mower deck and at the same time step on the reverse pedal. You will need to keep holding up the PTO switch for a few seconds as you put your foot on the reverse pedal and AWAY YOU GO !!! (backwards of course). Happy mowing!!! P.S. The 585 is a garden tractor on STERIODS!!!! I like mine alot.

/ JD585
thanks so much for the info I'll pass this on to the gentleman that has this machine
Probably in the owners manual ,Of course who reads those things for little items like this
Plus he had only had the tractor 1 or 2 days when he was telling this
Again Thanks so much for the comeback
I should get my 2210 fel,rear mower 60" and 54 blade somethime next week
Just sold my 425 it was a good machine after Deere replaced the engine w/125 hrs on meter Still only had 398 when I sold it the other night