Okay, got a heck of a predicament

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament #1  

Mojoman

Bronze Member
Talked to the dealer with the new '02 cub 2166, he'll sell me the tractor, with 42" snow thrower for $2900.00 total - basically selling me the thrower for $500.00
Is this too good to pass up? It's $1000 more than I was going to spend originally, but that seems like a heck of a deal. what do ya think?

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament #2  
It might be a heck of a deal if you have a use for the snow thrower! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament
Well, I should get use out of it, I live in MN /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament #4  
"New '02". That's been left over for a while now. Sounds like a good buy to me. If you like it, buy it.

Yep, it's been sitting in their warehouse since then.
What do yall think about the 16hp single cyl pushing that snowthrower, am I gonna be creeping while I blow the snow?

Also, is that engine more on the commercial side for strength and durability? I'm heading down to the dealer tomorrow to give it a test ride to see how it feels.

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( 1*Yep, it's been sitting in their warehouse since then.
<font color="red"> </font> What do yall think about the 16hp single cyl pushing that snowthrower, am I gonna be creeping while I blow the snow?

Also, is that engine more on the commercial side for strength and durability? I'm heading down to the dealer tomorrow to give it a test ride to see how it feels. )</font>
~~~~~~~~~
1* <font color="red"> If the things any good and is such a good deal then why'd it set around for 3 years? </font>

/ Okay, got a heck of a predicament #7  
I don't know anything about this machine (so maybe I should just keep my mouth shut /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif). However, I would check to see what the history on the model has been, especially considering it's an '02 model--lots of time for any defects in the model to become apparent. If there were recalls, major service bulletins, etc., that information should be out there on the internet. If you uncover anything, you can deal with the dealer to reduce the price on the new '02 unit you are considering, and also be certain that all recall/service bulletin work has been done on the unit before you take delivery.

Also, what type of warranty would you be getting if you were to purchase this tractor?

LBrown & tracdoc, you guys both make good points, and I had considered that when I was thinking about getting it.

I guess I can't answer why this tractor has been sitting around for that amount of time, other than this dealer is not what you would consider a typical lawn tractor dealer, thier primary sales are atv's, motorcycles & jetskis - more sport related, but they happen to carry cub cadet as well. It is a new '02 tractor, the hour meter read 26 hrs, but the guy said that he's found the key left on before, which would run up the hours.

As far as warranty goes, I get the standard 2 yrs w/5yrs powertrain cub warranty

I did a search just now on recalls for cub cadets, and it seems the only one is for the 7000 series & the 3000 series. Nothing on the 2000's that I could find