Tractor
    ScatTrak 1750D

Default Order my new Zforce 44 today!

Well I pulled the trigger on the new Zforce 44 today. I decided to order it from Lowes for the convenience factor. I ended up getting it for $3239 after a 10% discount. I even talked them into ordering an additional set of blades for it at no cost to me. I put it all on a new Lowes card I opened for it and got 12 months no payment or interest. I have the money sitting in the bank but might as well use their money for a year!

I also found out that Lowes takes care of their own warranty work. I simply call their toll free number and they send someone to my house to work on it. If it is not a warranty item I have to pay a trip charge which I understand. I feel great about my decision to buy the Zforce and to buy it at Lowes. It will be here on the 23rd of April. I will try to post pictures then!

Tractor
    Soon to be CC Z-Force 44"

Default Re: Order my new Zforce 44 today!

Well thanks to this forum and several members I also ordered a Z-Force 44" from Lowes today. I got the same deal as MesquiteMan. Thanks for that... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I had to go back twice before I got a sales rep that knew what he was doing, and would order it. The first guy told me, what you see is what you get. I first looked at the RZT50 but then came home to do the research. And well you know the rest of the story. I had to go to TSC to actually look at one in person. No local dealers around here. I was surprised TSC wouldn't price match. Anyway, should be here in 7 to 10 days. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    PT2445; several ag machines and classics

Congrats Rubicon!

I know all the tech aspects between the mowers in question and also the reasons why it only took a couple seconds on one to confirm the RTZ wasn't for me, but I am curious what were the deciding factors for you (or any other recent Zforce or RTZ buyers)?

Have Fun Mowing! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Tractor
    Soon to be CC Z-Force 44"

Spiffy,

For me it was the hydros, I just was not sold on the EZT units after studying them on their web site. The 3/4" axle also didn't help. I had a Dixon that twisted an axle twice, so I wanted the bigger 1" axle on the IZT. I could have gotten by with the stamped frame and Briggs Intek engine on the RZT 50, but the hydros scared me off. I mow about 2 acres +/-. Some of it is rough and I frequently have to mow over small limbs from a Weeping Willow tree that is a pain and my a**. I pick up the bigger limbs, but there is no way to get all of the smaller ones, so I wanted a sturdier built machine to handle everything. I'm hoping the stamped deck will be okay though. Well thats it for me, I poured over and read up on all aspects of both units and some other brands. I was surprised how many used the same hydros and engines. I never actually test drove either unit, I just looked over both of them really well. I trusted the opinions of several members here and of a Cub Cadet mechanic I found on another forum.

Tractor
    ScatTrak 1750D

I choose the Z-force for a number of reasons:

-Welded frame was much more stout
    -The deck spindle assembly was much better made and re-inforced. The RZT looked like typical MTD spindles which I have had problems with in the past
    -I prefer Kohler engines
    -Anti scalp wheel on the front of Z-force deck
    -Larger fuel tank

Those are the things that mattered most to me!