2nd ZTR mower? Feasible?

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible? #21  
I purchased the Simplicity Citation last Saturday, the ride was superior to all the other comparable models I tested, Country Clipper Charger, Hustler, BushHog and Ex Mark. It also rode better than the Ferris 1500 which is it's twin. I like that I can adjust the rear shocks and also change their mounting to adjust ride and traction. Well built unit and as for time, down to 1 hour and 10 minutes, cut time in half. Hopefully, I made the right choice. Cost with 6% sales tax $5,565.

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible? #22  
Maybe the font automatically turns blue when you use those little frowny faces!

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible? #23  
To get a quality unit with big tires is $5900 for a Hustler 19/52

Now you can get a Hustler Fastrak with little tires for $4400 20/52

That is it !!!!

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible? #24  
I wouldn't even look at small or cheaper "homeowner" style Z's with the amount of acreage you want to cut. For the price and strength, I would take a good HARD look at Bad Boy mowers.

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible?
I took home and test drove 5 different ZTR's today. That's all I did today! Well, I sort of ended up going over budget. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I should get my new Ferris IS 4500Z with a Caterpiller 3 cyl 26 hp diesel tomorrow. It has 4 wheel independent suspension and the ride was considerably better than all of the others. Also, the frame strength and spindles were considerbly heavier and stronger than the others.

My only real question is which to have delivered tomorrow. I'm really considering dropping the Cat diesel and going with a 26 hp liquid cooled Kawasaki instead. The stated specs for the two engines are surprisingly similar. I mowed with 2 different 26 hp Kawasaki gas engines on other ZTR's today. They all were able to run a 61" deck with no problems even in thick tall grass. The reason for the possible engine change is because there is a considerable difference in price for the engine only.

Anyone else been using a Ferris? The frame, mower deck, spindles, are considerably heavier built than the Scag, John Deere 777, ExMark, and Kubota ZTR models. It seems like it will definitely last, and rides much better. My back likes it better. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif A mistake to save the 3k and go with the gas??

/ 2nd ZTR mower? Feasible? #26  
Dargo, I will say this , When I mowed my grass with either one of my tractors 33hp and 38hp with my 6' rear mower , I could mow the 4+ acres 4 times before I had to refill the 8 gallon tank with diesel.

Now that I am using a 60" ZTR with a 25hp kawasaki that holds 10+ gallons I can only mow it maybe 3 times if I'm lucky so there is a trade off... Seems to average about 2 to 1 for fuel consumption but I save 2hrs of my time every time I mow and the $3k will buy a lot of gas /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Though the diesel will out last the gas engine , I will keep the 2qts changed and will use the synthectic in it also and I'm sure it will give me years of trouble free service /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Just my 2cents