BAD BOY ZTR's

/ BAD BOY ZTR's #1  

CMunger

Gold Member
BAD BOY ZTR\'s

Does anyone have any experiance, or own a Bad Boy ZTR mower.
they are not sold in California and I was wondering if anyone had comments?
Chuck M.

/ BAD BOY ZTR's #2  
Re: BAD BOY ZTR\'s

I went to their website and looked at them. They certainly appear to be well built machines. Being that I brought home 5 different ZTR machines to try in my own yard yesterday, I honestly think most of the commercial units are well built. I'd say that most of them are tougher than I am.

That was the issue. I've owned a Grasshopper front mount diesel powered ZTR for several years and wanted to add another ZTR to cut down mowing time with my wife helping. I found that there is a huge difference in the ride of the mid mount ZTR machines vs the front mount Grasshopper I currently own. I didn't know my lawn was so rough until I drove the mid mount ZTR's in my lawn.

The new ZTR mowers would actually run faster than my 5 year old Grasshopper, but I could not actually mow nearly as fast without getting beaten so hard that my vision blurred! Again, the ZTR units were tougher than me.

I thought that I was going to just order another front mount Grasshopper until I brought home and tried a Ferris ZTR that has 4 wheel independent suspension. I'd never heard of them. I did some research on the net, and drove one. Not only are they actually built heavier than all of the competing ZTR's I drove, but there was an unbelieveable difference in the ride! I just need to decide this morning whether I'm going to pickup the Cat diesel powered unit, or the Kawasaki liquid cooled gas version. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Good luck in your quest. With the top models, I don't think you will be disappointed in the build quality of any of them. Unless you are a professional bull rider, whatever ZTR you buy will likely be tougher than you. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif