Scag 52 inch turf tiger

/ Scag 52 inch turf tiger #1  

rider

Can anyone help with instructions on changing the belt that drives the deck. This is the belt that goes around the electric clutch.

/ Scag 52 inch turf tiger
Shortgut, thanks for the ifo. I have the opeator's manual. I can get the belt all the way off pulleys but cannot get it over the clutch. I took the bolt loose holding the clutch, but cannot get what the book shows as a lockwasher, I call a key, out so that the clutch assembly will move out on the shaft enough to remove the belt. The belt housing steel frame has a lip on it and the belt will not pass through while the clutch is attached. I think today I will visit a shop. I know the steel frame has a slight bend in it right where the belt should pass through it while the clutch is still in place. I have practiced enough on this one that I have mastered the springs anyway and learned about a rue pin cotter. All that doesn't help getting the belt changed though. Thank you, rider.

/ Scag 52 inch turf tiger #4  
got one more question are you surwe it is the right belt really sounds likelythey give you the wrong belt? That would be my kind of luck Hope you do not pull your hair out over this Good luck Shortgut

/ Scag 52 inch turf tiger
I had the right belt. I finally got that rascal on the mower today. I was on the right trail yesterday, but did not know how that electric clutch came off the shaft. It probably had never been taken off the shaft. I used some WD40 and pulled steadily on it and finally it came off. The help came from the distributor who said sometimes the steel body is too close to the clutch to slip the belt over it and therefore the clutch must come off. My concern is that I have enough tork on the bolt to keep it on the shaft now. So far today it is ok.

Thanks for the help.