exmark and a sprayer?

/ exmark and a sprayer? #1  

greenthumb

Silver Member
Tractor
tc40, exmark lazer Z
I have a lazer Z and would like to use a sprayer. I know I can add a bracket on the back to pull one of those trailer types. but has anyone ever built a carrying rack for an ATV sprayer set up. I am just looking for ideas. my yard is fairly flat so I am not worried about the weight and I would not have more than a 25 gallon tank.

thanks

/ exmark and a sprayer? #2  
I wouldn't want the extra 200lbs on the back of a ZTR, but I'm very happy with the simple setup I made for my F12. I just screwed a couple 2X4's under a plywood base.

If you find a really good sale; you may get the pull behind cheaper. I started with a 15gallon tank/pump/wand combo for $89+tax. I'm guessing I have well over $200 in it with extra hose, fittings, gauges, valves and jets.

If you're set on mounting it to your ZTR; I'm thinking a front mount would be really cool, but might increase your chances of "eating" some spray unless you position the jets really low. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW; I really like having the wand at my side as well as the jets behind...always some area you can't quite get into.

/ exmark and a sprayer? #3  
Here's one at Northern Equipment that's designed just for ZTR's. See attached photo or link to Northern. It attaches to the back of the ZTR and has caster wheels in the back. The cool thing is, you can still use your full zero turn capability.
ZTR Sprayer

Attachments

• 645811-ZTR.JPG
    645811-ZTR.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 5,704
   / exmark and a sprayer? #4  
Right tool for the job! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ exmark and a sprayer? #5  
I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Lazer Z is a fantastic machine.

/ exmark and a sprayer? #6  
Man, there's always something else you want to buy for your tractor, isn't there? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ exmark and a sprayer?
update on work in progress.

found a 15 gallon spot sprayer at tractor supply for 96 bucks. Last night I cut a plywood support that will mount on the arms of front casters. the spot sprayer will sit on that and which is going to bolted on the arms with a couple of u bolts. the tank has four screw holes on the bottom I am going to mount the tank to the board. this should make for quick on off. next step is make up a tee and shut off so I can switch between the wand and the boom that will be mounted on the back of the exmark. the hose will run back to a bracket and my hope is to create about a 5 to 6 foot spray path. the pump has a on off switch that I can reach from the seat. with the tee and on off switch I can go from boom use to wand spraying tight spots with out even getting off the mower. When we get a ditigel camera I will post pictures. I hope to spend only another 40-50 bucks but I have not priced out tees, valves, spray nozzels and hose yet. I will update later. after I get tank finished the next step will be how to use my gps to guide me with speed and coverage just like the in laws do in the fields. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ exmark and a sprayer? #8  
Can't wait to see your pix! Minus the casters, it sounds exactly like what I did on the F12.

I'd post some pix too, but need to wait out the rain around here[no complaints, we needed it].... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ exmark and a sprayer? #9  
Oh, please post the final $ tally too. If my memory is referencing the right project, all the fittings and hose seemed to add up much quicker I than I liked. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Oh well, I liked the finished product anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ exmark and a sprayer?
finished this weekend. sprays water well. I am going to spray tonight since it is suppoed to not rain for a few days. ended up with about a 64 inch spray coverage and $150 for the total project. I will post pic later.