The Winner Is.....eXmark

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #11  
Very nice machine. I seriously looked at and Exmark before deciding to go with the Gravely. I have heard nothing but good things about Exmark, so I'm sure you will be very pleased with it. As far as the Ferris comment by another poster, I demo'd a Simplicity Citation w/ rear IS and I just didn't see that much difference. And I was looking for a difference, because I was very interested in the IS. Didn't get to demo a Ferris because of the local dealer. Also, I don't think that Ferris can compete with Gravely, Exmark, or some of the other big names when it comes to resale because thay are just not that well known right now.

Make sure to post a photo or two of your new baby!

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #12  
I test drove the Gravely..huge difference in the Ferris's ride with the 4 wheel suspension...I'm sure the others will follow suit soon. The Ferris has the same quality as the other biggies...PLUS the suspension...and somewhat better price. Unless the lawns you are cutting are totally flat, the Ferris is the way to go..IMHO.

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ZTR's do have their place in the commercial mowing world, but with their higher price tag over tractors, I don't think lawn tractors will disappear )</font>

As more people buy ZTRs, so more are manufactured and sold, I wonder if the price differential might not come down a bit. It's fairly rare in my area now to see the commercials using anything but ZTRs, and now that I own a cheap one myself, I can see why. I have to mow at a very slow speed or I'll get done too quick and the fun'll be over. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #14  
What Gravely did you demo? I saw a big difference between the 100 series and the 200 series, and I went with the 200 series. I agree that the Ferris is well built, but for the most part so are all of the commerical grade ZTRs I looked at. I heard a lot of good things about the Ferris ride, but unfortunately the dealer in my area is a hack and I didn't want to deal with him so I never demo'd the Ferris, but I did ride the Simplicity (built by Ferris) and I concluded that the Gravely was the best bet for me. Price between the two, comparing apples to apples, was about a wash in my area.

Hey, that's why they make more than one model!

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #15  
YOU like it that much ? i am seriously concidering a ztr (if not this year then next) i have looked at a few , but not tried one out, seems like a lot of dealers want you to buy without a test drive. around about what did that cost?
BTW i always figured you as Being taller , and with a red BINKIE /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark
Player, I checked out the Ferris. From what I found the Ferris was close to $1000 more. I can't remember exactly the price difference, but it was substantial, both on NY and NH.....Nice rigs though.

Frank, Yes they are without a doubt THE most productive grass cutting equipment I've ever used. They blow away a lawn tractor or a CUT with a mid or rear finish mower. I was sceptical, but that's no longer the case. Seriously......don't even think about spending your money on anything else if you are looking to cut grass /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I read your post again.....I'd get one this year if I were you /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I was only able to get the dealer down $150 from list. I believe it was $5450. Not cheap, but worth every dime IMO. All the commerical ones are nice from what I've seen. I'd take a look at Toro if you've got a good dealer in your area.

/ The Winner Is.....eXmark #20  
Jim,

Ferris 1500z 48 inch 21 Kawasaki was $5,400...the 19 Kawa 44 was $5,150...I'm in RI