Long Shot Question

/ Long Shot Question #1  

theplayer

For those with ZTRs with the industrial air filter(The big cannister on the back)...what is the purpose of the little threaded piece that comes out..it looks like a vent of some kind with a nutted cap on the end..about an inch in length. Why would you ever loosen or tighten that nut??

Reason..just caught it on something and snapped it off. With the hole left behind you could look in to see the air filter cannister. I used liquid metal to repair...might hold, might not. I do know that that nut can't be touched now..lol

/ Long Shot Question #2  
What kind of ZTR do you have? I have a Scag but do not remember seeing anything like that.

Moon of Ohio

/ Long Shot Question
Ferris 1500z. Big cannister air cleaner in the back...the piece that broke off must be some kind of a vent..It's a small piece, about an inch in height. The cap is a nut.

/ Long Shot Question #4  
that threadwell is usually used for a vacuum indicator. it's a small round clear plastic indicator that is resettable. when the air filter is dirty a red ring pops into view inside the unit to let you know it's time to service the filter. then you push the button on the top to reset it.

/ Long Shot Question
I'm not sure I have the same thing on my air filter cannister. No clear piece..my piece has a nut for a cap that screws on... There is no button to push.

I'm assuming it's some kind of vent..but not sure what the vent would do.

/ Long Shot Question #6  
If you have the KAW engine, it may be the same as my Snapper; even at that not sure I can help, but if you post a couple pictures [maybe already did and I missed it] I'm sure someone knows.