"No Name" gas engines

/ "No Name" gas engines
Re: \"No Name\" gas engines

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( yep, i didnt feel like spending the money to rebuild the kohler k 241. i got them on ebay.and there plenty of them always for sale or auction..and alot cheaper than the kohler parts and machine work for a rebuild.. very satisfied with them. maby i will make a pressure washer next. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif )</font>

Ah.....

You mean like this one?
3e_1_b.JPG

Says it's a 4HP diesel.... actually....the company who made my gas is the same one who makes that in the pic!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ "No Name" gas engines #12  

no, like this one. 5 hp.

Attachments

• 655832-Dsc01439 (600 x 450).jpg
    655832-Dsc01439 (600 x 450).jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 242
   / "No Name" gas engines #13  

and this one. 10 hp.

Attachments

• 655833-Dsc01440 (600 x 450).jpg
    655833-Dsc01440 (600 x 450).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 264
   / "No Name" gas engines #15  

it's just like the c-series. it's a WH SB-421 they only made it for one year. 1982.

/ "No Name" gas engines #16  

Is that 10 HP pull start ? If so how hard to pull ?

Ben

/ "No Name" gas engines #17  

ben,
both these diesels are pull start only. they had electric/pull start diesel engines, but at a higher cost. it is not hard to pull at all. they both have compression release levers. about the same as a 8 horse power briggs or wisconsin engine. they are in a heated garage in the winter and are easy to start. if they were out in a cold garage i dont think i would want to have a pull start only. i tested that last winter to see how they start. and like all other diesels they dont like the cold and it took many, many pulls to start.

/ "No Name" gas engines

Ahhh.....

Now I know what to look for. What's the name on the motor... maybe I'll have better luck finding it.

Edit-

6f_1_b.JPG

Okay, I think I found them....
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ "No Name" gas engines #19  

I have a C175 Wheelhorse with a 17 horse Kohler, rugged old tractor. Does the China diesel have dual shaft? One forward and one on the right side? I might do what you did if the Kohler ever dies, it's not easy on fuel but has tons of power.

/ "No Name" gas engines #20  

that's it... the engines i believe, all come from the same manufacturing plant. jiang- dong, chang-fa, dinga-dong>just kidding. same engine, different engine stickers. parts are interchangeable with the yanmar LA series engines. they seem very well made, considering where they come from. the aluminum castings are better than i expected. inside the engine, the machining rivals the other small diesels i have from europe, at 1/5 the price..