Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix?

/ Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix? #1  

Boone

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota b7500hst
Pa just called me. He changed his walk behind mower's blade by tipping it on the side and flooded the cylinder with oil. The engine will not run now. He flushed it with turpentine and changed plugs and new oil in it, without any success.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in Advance.

Dan

/ Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix? #2  
It might have flooded the carb with oil as well, thru the crankcase vent tube. If the carb has oil it will suck it into the cylinder fouling the new plug. Just have to check everything and clean it out.
Ben

/ Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix?
Thanks, I think you are right. I picked up the mower and gave it a few pulls. I also think the problem is in the carb, shouldn't take to much to pull it apart and clean it out.

Misunderstood him earlier about the turpentine. He didn't do that to the engine. I was kinda wondering about where he got the idea for that.

/ Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pa just called me. He changed his walk behind mower's blade by tipping it on the side and flooded the cylinder with oil. )</font>

Been there, done similar.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I've had good luck clearing the cylinder of oil by pulling the starter rope several times (or pushing the starter if electric) while the plug was out. Stand clear of the cylinder opening, as liquid may fly when you do this....

I've been lucky to never get oil into the carb though. Good luck.

-otus

/ Oil flooded cylinder-How to Fix?
Sometimes, 2 Wheels will do!
===================================

My Dad is 75 and the mower is a self-propelled walk behind he likes to use for exercise. He has a large yard and a rider, but he likes going by foot. Good thing for him to do and a good reason for me to get his mower working again.