best residential ztr

/ best residential ztr #21  
JimC,

The Hustler's have less moving parts and only 14 grease fittings to service, my Ferris 3000 IS 61" has 27 grease fittings total. If you want less maintance buy a Hustler if you want the best ride/cut possible buy a Ferris IS ZTR. Gravely's are good machines, just a little more maintance. You can go wrong on buying any commerical grade ZTR for mowing quickly.

db

/ best residential ztr #22  
I don't see any Ferris models that qualify as "homeowner" models and don't realy see any in the price range. Nice mowers though...

Faced with the homeowner situation myself and after looking at all the "homeowner" models... the only one that can be called "Commercial like built" but yet just miniaturized is the Hustler. All the rest have "cheapened" the build to get there and into that price range as well. Hustler has hardly at all done so. And all thier models in all configs in that Mini FasTrak can be had for the 3-4 K range he seeks. And even a few of the FasTraks.

Superior warranty too. 3 years parts AND labor and lifetime on the leading edge of deck and the mower frame. No other homeowners model has that. Heck even many commercials do not have that. And yet they even give 4 years parts and labor on the big models.

But.... I would not try and mow over an acre with the mini.... and maybe not over two with the standard FasTrak. But I will say they are mighty impressively built in that smaller homeowner market. Not much else there in that size that compairs with them. After looking at them all in that range thats the one I clearly could see was superior. At least in that homeowner range. Hands down.