Bush Hog ZTR's

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #1  

klm

Silver Member
Tractor
Allis D17 CIH D40, JD5310, Massimo MS50010
Bush Hog ZTR\'s

Anybody checked Bush Hog's ZTR's, I have and am impressed, I am looking to maybe replace my Grasshopper 721 and have been comparing. They are certainly well built and seem to be priced resonable, my dealer quoted $7400 for "61 25HP Kholer

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #2  
Re: Bush Hog ZTR\'s

klm, I have been intrigued by them since I first checked them out their website, especially the front mount units, but really fell in love with one after seeing it at a local farmshow a few years ago. The problem I ran into was finding a local dealer.

There were only two listed for my area on Bush Hog's dealer search (30 mile radius). I called both and asked about current inventory and availability. The first responded "No we don't deal with them lawn mowers," and the second said "Yeah, I suppose I could get one, but I don't stock 'em so you'd have to buy it before I order one. Besides, you'd really rather have and be much happier with a Kubota..."

I guess I'm funny that way, but I don't like some salesman telling what I want or need! Consequently, I kinda gave up on owning one for time being...

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #3  

Bush Hogs ZTRs do look nice, although I chose a 322D Grasshopper over the Bush Hog mainly due to the 22hp Kubota diesel on the GH.
The dealer I purchased the GH from sold three different brands GH, BH and Dixon and said the BH was a good machine but not up to the GH yet since they are still fairly new into the ZTR game.
I don't know if they made more money on the GH or not but price wise GH and BH were real darn close.
I'm sure the BH would do a fine job.

/ Bush Hog ZTR's

Are you saying a GH 322D is about $7400? I like the GH's but thought they were much higher priced. Maybe will take another look at them.

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #5  

Nope, I chose the GH for the Kubota diesel for a price of 9200.00. The gas models are very close in price.

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #6  

You've probably purchased something by now but... I bought a residential BH with the 20 Horse Honda and it is awesome. It'll take all you can give it and it has a comparable gauge deck to the heaviest commercial ZTR's. I'm going to trade it for the 61" commercial BH just because I'm a gadget freak. (I don't need it, the res. model does fine). I've spent a ton of time researching and the BH is a Hoss for the $. Good luck!

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #7  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm going to trade it for the 61" commercial BH just because I'm a gadget freak.)</font>

Simpkinc,

First, welcome to TBN!!

If you're going to get a bigger BH, you may want to take a look at the Country Clipper. According to their web site (www.countryclipper.com) they have in the past or currently do make them for BH. Not sure if the BH is a re-badged Country Clipper.

What I do like about the CC is the joystick control and flip-up deck.

Brian

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #8  

Thanks bczoom. I'll check into that! Only thing is, the BH dealer I bought from is going to give me a great trade on my res BH and I'm not sure if he can get the CC. I really appreciate your response and I'll log on to their web-page right now. Have a great day!

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #9  

Just checked out the Country Clipper www.countryclipper.com and it really looks great! The only bummer is the nearest dealer to me (from Nashville) is about 350 mi. The CC looks like a top notch machine. Thanks again for the tip.
Chris

/ Bush Hog ZTR's #10  

Just sticking my nose in here, cause I've always liked Bushhog products. I also like the amount of material, manuals, parts lists, etc., that they have available online.