Zero turn

/ Zero turn #11  
I've never looked at a mid mount Grasshopper, (mid mounts won't work for what I need) but if you are comparing the "tank" Cub to the front mount diesel or gas Grasshopper, I have to strongly disagree with you. Perhaps the stats are much different on the mid mounts, but your figures are way off for the front mount Grasshoppers I own. Right off the bat, my Grasshopper came with an 8 gallon fuel tank, holds 2 gallons of hydro fluid, had larger wheel motors, and the deck is every bit as strong as any of the mid mounts I drove.

I did look at the "tank" along with the JD, Kubota, Exmark, and Ferris, and it looked very similar to all of them. Each had their own particular "advantage" over the others. All seemed rather well built and I think someone would have have to abuse any of them as far as I'm concerned to break them.

/ Zero turn #12  
I didn't look at a Tank when I got my GH 322D. I like the Kubota diesel and the rest of the machine looked well built and so far has preformed well also the fuel tank holds one more gallon of fuel (10) than my L2800 (9) does /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Zero turn #13  
I am not comparing the Tank to any front mount model. My other post states that GH makes the best front mounts on the market, there is no question about that. I am comparing mid-mount models (200 series GH's mainly)...the 300 series offer diesels and Cub has nothing with a diesel. Its hard to explain differences over the net but if you bring me any mid-mount gas powered unit to my shop I can point out at least 10 things the Tank has an advantage over the other model...I know because I have done it too many times.

GH makes great mowers however, their mid-mount gas powered units are not the best on the market.

/ Zero turn #14  
Gamble77, I understand what your saying and without visual references it is difficult to explain.
I was going to go with the Kubota ZTR untill the salesman pointed out the one big difference between Kubota & GH or all others is the Hydro drive system and it made sense. I would much rather change a motor or a pump than the whole system or have everything in a million pieces to fix something simple.
I see that every manufacture has one or more advantages over one or the other, I am glad we have several quality units to choose from.

/ Zero turn #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am glad we have several quality units to choose from. )</font>

Isn't that nice for a change! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif