Lawn sweepers, baggers or ???

/ Lawn sweepers, baggers or ??? #1  

Ricks2524

I've been thinking about a lawn sweeper for my GT 5000 917-276013. I have a vacation home with 2 acres that only gets mowed every 2 weeks or so. Sometimes I have to mow twice to keep up. Instead of hand raking the old grass, would this be a good alternative ? Would a bagger be better? Anything to cut down on the yard work, so I can spend more time on the lake. Thanks for any input

/ Lawn sweepers, baggers or ??? #2  
Rick, If the lawn sweeper wouldn't get too heavy and drag the ground while mowing I would probably go for it,because it can be used in the fall also for the leaves. But fresh cut grass is pretty heavy so it might not work.... Either way you'll have to stop to unload several more than likely /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Lawn sweepers, baggers or ??? #3  
The sweeper would likely be your least expensive bet. The sweeper may be a little difficult to navigate around some curves though. Personally, I would prefer a bagger.
I am not familiar with the bagging attachment for a GT 5000; does it have a blower? The bagger on my Deere does not work well when the grass is wet, so sometimes, I need to mow with the bagger off, and then drive over the windrows again later with the bagger on after the cuttings dry.
By the way, baggers work well on leaves too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Lawn sweepers, baggers or ??? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've been thinking about a lawn sweeper for my GT 5000 917-276013. I have a vacation home with 2 acres that only gets mowed every 2 weeks or so. Sometimes I have to mow twice to keep up. Instead of hand raking the old grass, would this be a good alternative ? Would a bagger be better? <font color="red"> Anything to cut down on the yard work </font> , so I can spend more time on the lake. Thanks for any input )</font>
============
<font color="red">Best way - Leave It lay ! </font>
Been doing it for 39 years here.
Ther's no easier better cheeper way.