I can't leave nothing stock....

/ I can't leave nothing stock.... #1  

cphilip

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610HST, Toro Titan ZX 5400 w Kawaski, Bush Hog rotory, Farm KIng tiller, Land Pride Box blade, Tiger attachments forks, Land Pride Grooming mower, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, Superior 20' 7700# Equip Trailer
I can\'t leave nothing stock....

... I just gotta drill holes in something new.... nothing like the "pucker factor" of taking a drill to a new mower and adding something. In this case some lights. Who needs lights on a mower anyway? I dunno.... but I kinda like the dune buggy look it got from em!

Had some trailer clearance lamps left over from a trailer light kit... and picked up some Halogen driving lamps at the Autoparts store for $17 and then some small black plastic wire loom....and a illuminated switch... some strap ties and some serious measuring and drilling... and PRESTO! Dune buggy mower!

Fastracklights1.jpg

Fastraklights2.jpg

I realy got to get some help.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ I can't leave nothing stock.... #2  
Re: I can\'t leave nothing stock....

Read about a guy posting on TBN who put over 925.00 worth of strobe lights on his compact tractor cause he "mows by the road sometimes." The type of strobes that flash alternately and are mounted in your lights and others mounted here and there. Geesh!!!!
Glad to see you could get by cheaper! Everyone needs more light. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm prolly going to mount one of the newer led type light bars on the ROPS, they have choice of colors and flash patterns or steady on for around 125.00. And either a back light or a light with a magnetic base to move it wherever. And maybe XM radio, and, and....

/ I can't leave nothing stock....

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( .... Everyone needs more light. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I'm prolly going to mount one of the newer led type light bars on the ROPS, they have choice of colors and flash patterns or steady on for around 125.00. And either a back light or a light with a magnetic base to move it wherever. And maybe XM radio, and, and.... )</font>

Ah!!!! Yes a man who thinks like me! Lights yes! ...an iPod... a set of underglow neons.... Don't even get me started!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But seriously... check out Galls for some of that safety lighting stuff if ya need it. And you can use Yellow or White for that light bar if you want. No emergency agencies going to complain about those two. They probably will if its Red or Blue (police and fire).... and sometimes even get testy about using Green (Safety Officers color but rarely used by those two. I use that one here on Campus for my truck). I think I like those white strobes. Need probably a power supply for those by the way. Should find one a Galls to go with it. They normaly match up the plugs and all for the models. Almost plug and play.

/ I can't leave nothing stock....

I guess its time to start a new thread section called "Pimp my Mower"... or "Mowing Whips"....

/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I can't leave nothing stock.... #6  

anything