CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #1  

hobbs1469

Here is my dilemma. I have roughly 1.3 acres. I realize that is not alot, but I don't get much time to mow with 2 young children. I want to buy a mower soon and I looked on the Cub Cadet website. I realize the Z-Force 50 is an extra $1000 compared to the GT1554, but will it cut better, faster, and last longer than the GT 1554? I used to own Scag walk behinds and a Kubota F2400, but that was years ago. Cutting time is critical for me and any insight would be greatly appreciiated. BTW, how is the stripping patterns on either or both of these models?

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #2  
If I was in your shoes I would get a Z-Force 44. It will get your grass mowed in a hurry. I don't think you need the 50" for your size lawn.

Unless you plan to use attachments... I wouldn't even consider the 1500 series CC.

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #3  
Right...the Z-Force 44 will cut your time in half, even over the 54" GT. The Z-Force will last longer, cut faster, and cut better. Both are good machines, just depends on how quick you want to get it done and how deep you want to reach into your pocket!

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554
Isn't the cost difference only $500.00? How about the stripping pattern. Does it look nice after the lawn has ben cut?

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #5  
The zero turn units naturally give a much better cut...the deck has more "float" to it. I have customers who bought riding mowers and complained about it scalping their yard...I traded them up to a zero turn and they were as happy as could be.

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #6  
No comparison. Z-Force 44 all the way. Don't spend the cash on the 50". The 44" is a better all around deck. Z-Force is a really nice machine.

I guess I will go with the Z-Force 44 over the Z-Force 50 and save the extra $400.00. The only questions is, should I worry about losing the 3 extra HP from the ZF50 vs. ZF44?

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #8  
There is no need to worry about the hp difference. In the past two or three years there has been a huge shift in the market to larger hp mowers when they aren't really needed. Its just a marketing ploy...that 20hp Kohler is plenty.

/ CC Z-Force 50 vs CC GT 1554 #9  
I just picked a Z-Force 50 somewhat based on what I've read here..... I couldn't be happier.

Last weekend my 39 year old John Deere 112 blew out the transaxle... may it rest in piece (Until I have time to rebiuld it). I went over to the only open JD dealer I could find (1.5 hour) drive and bought a GT 160. Two smoked belts later and a right rear tire that decided to stop holding air I decided to take advantage of JD's 30 home trial offer and returned it for my money back... They just don't make them like that old 112 anymore... At least not without spending 8k on a lawn tractor.

So I did a lot of research, and when I saw what I could get from Cub in a zero turn I pretty much made my mind up.

I have 3 acres of grass to mow, with trees, and fences. My mowing time is down to just under 2 hours, and the lawn has never looked better. I might have to get some golf clubs. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for all your help everyone!! I didn't get the Z-Force after all. My dealer only had RZT's and the M50-KHS. that came in today.

M50-KHS

Apparently, Cub Cadet is so Backordered (6-8 weeks) that I couldn't wait that long. So, I went and bought the M50. I just hope I made the right decision.