torque specs for B&S 12.5

/ torque specs for B&S 12.5 #1  

jimmoore

Platinum Member
Tractor
05 CASE IH D35 W/FEL
Anyone know the torque specs for a 12.5 Briggs & Stratton model 28V707 type 1170 need specs for heads and rod caps. One year old machine is hogging oil and smoking badly. I have replaced the crankcase breather assy. I think I have a broken oil ring as it has lots of power and runs well, also easy to start. The other mower bought at the same time has no problems, its the same type and model. I can get parts at local auto syore but no specs. Any help will be appreciated.

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ torque specs for B&S 12.5 #2  
Jim, It's been awhile, but is'nt that an overhead valve engine?
If it is, before you do a full tear-down, pull the head and see if the head gasket is blown between the lifter galley and cyl. Seen that more than once. For your specs just drop by your B&S dealer (highly recommend the factory parts over NAPA)

/ torque specs for B&S 12.5
Kubmech & Gorden. It is A L head engine, could not find specs on B&S website . The auto parts store in town handles genuine B&S parts & has microfilms of engines and part numbers but they don't show torque specs, THANKS anyway

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

I sent JohnMillerIII a private e-mail yesterday, but he hasn't answered yet. He can come with about anything instantly.

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

/ torque specs for B&S 12.5 #6  
Jim

I just order parts for a Tecumseh from Small Engine Warehouse in Tulsa. They have a website and apparently most parts must be in stock because the engine I ordered for is 20-30 years old and the stuff, (rod, rings, piston, gaskets) was here in 4 days. They also had a manual for the engine. Reason I ordered from them is that I ordered the manual from my local dealer the week before Memorial Day. (It still isn't here.) These guys had it in my mailbox in under a week. Pricing isn't bad either and they can probably give you the torque specs when you call in an order. If you want, I can look up the website address for you.

SHF

Steven, thanks but I will contact a small engine repairman here in town ,he will most likely give me the specs, thanks again

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim

Stan, thanks a bunch! the engine is a single cylinder. I looked at a friends engine and it was a 28S series and and I could not tell any difference in the engines. I don't know what the V stands for.

6-27459-jimsford.gif
jim