JD LT 150 or 160

/ JD LT 150 or 160 #11  
I haven't noticed the lack of a cruise as an issue while mowing. But I did notice it as I was cruising down the highway. Yes I would like to have it but its not that big of a deal except when I was trying to read the mail going down the road. Looking at it now I guess its a good thing I don't have it /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Patrick

/ JD LT 150 or 160 #12  
Thanks guys. Now that I'm using the CUT for the 'field' near the house - the rest of my yard is such - between tight turns, dips, and abrupt uphill/downhill slopes that I doubt that I would even be able to use a cruise setting there - but nice to know it's not a biggie.

How do you guys like your LT's so far - power, cut quality?

/ JD LT 150 or 160
The $1300.00 more to move up to the JD LT160 with the sprayer was tough to take at first /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif but man Im glad I did /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. It turns tighter than my old stx-38 and one handed. The L111 was a two hand turning tractor and wider turns. I can cut my 1/2 acre lawn with about 15 trees/bushes, two hills at 15-25deg. slope in about 1 hour not stopping for refreshments. Old tractors 1 1/2-2 hour cut time. and the sprayer works great even used the sprayer to spray the 4.5 acres of horse pasture with steeper hills took about 4-5 hours and only a little over 1 tank of gas to spray the pastures. The LT160 seams good on gas uses about the same as the old stx-38 12.5hp. Enjoy

/ JD LT 150 or 160
sorry forgot about the cruise on the L111 did not work on my hills so that option was useless. I would set it and turn to go down the hill and in 2-3 feet be at full speed have to hit brake and than hit forward pedal what a rush and than miss fence by 2 inches turning right. Going up hill it would slow down and had to hit forward pedal again, just quit using it. The LT160 is very light to the touch don't even notice it.

/ JD LT 150 or 160 #15  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( . and the sprayer works great even used the sprayer to spray the 4.5 acres of horse pasture with steeper hills took about 4-5 hours and only a little over 1 tank of gas to spray the pastures. )</font>

So, how many gallons is the sprayer you got?

How much was it?

How long can you spray before re-filling spray tank (are you fertilizing)?

/ JD LT 150 or 160
Sorry for the long delay man time flys. Any way the sprayer is 15 gallons with rebate for buying the LT160 it was $250.00 otd. 1 tank will last about 15min. I turned the on off valve half way off don't need it full open to get a good spray pattern had to play with the setting to get it just wright. I also bent at the ends the metal the nozzles are atached to to get a spray pattern 8 foot wide. I use it to spray Trimec concentrate a weed killer, use dry fertilizer it just seems easier to do it that way than liquid fert.

/ JD LT 150 or 160 #17  
I wish you guys better luck than I had with my LT150. I did extensive research on different brands and decided to go with the JD name brand. My money was limited and I only had about 1 1/2 acres to cut, so I narrowed my selection down to the LT150 with the Kohler motor and the 42c deck. Overall I like the way it runs, cuts, handle, turns, etc. No complaints with the way it does its job. My problem came after 11-12mo of ownership. I started noticing the paint on the fender wearing away from the seat track rubbing into the metal. The area began to rust and paint began to flake off. I contacted the dealer, who was very friendly and tried to do everything they could, but was unable to help. Finaly I got hooked up with JD customer service and they asked if I kept it outside.. Now obviously if it were indoors, it would have less of a tendancy to rust, but this is an obviouse design issue. I told him I kept it outside with all my other vehicles and they dont seem to be rusting. I was iritated by the implication that thier design flaw was somehow my fault. Long story short- They made good, they payed to have the fender painted and added a "kit" to it that had been designed to eliminate the concern that I was told "didnt exist". With that solved, I felt better. This spring I pulled the mower out for maintenance and to get ready for cutting season. Durring my inspection I found my 3yr old mower had a bad spindle bearing on the deck. I tried to get the bearing from the dealer and found that it is only serviced with the spindle assy($54). Now like I said, I like the mower overall. I just have a problem buying a "Lincoln" and having the same quality troubles I would have with "Yugo". I could have bought two cheapies and had money left over, but I fell into the name brand thing. Bottom line, keep an eye out for any issues before the warranty runs out and do your homework. JD customer service took a while to come arround but they did me right. Good luck. Happy mowing.