Help! Any Ever Owned A White Outdoor or Poulan?

/ Help! Any Ever Owned A White Outdoor or Poulan? #1  

nathan8804

I'm considering a Poulan, Cub Cadet, and a White Outdoor riding mower. I have seen favorable feedback on Poulan and Cubcadet however, next to none on the White Outdoor. I know both White and Cub are made by MTD. However, I like the Tecumseh motor in the newer White units as opposed to the Briggs motor. Please give me any feedback on any of the units you might have. Be sure to let me know what make and horsepower motor you have. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Help! Any Ever Owned A White Outdoor or Poulan? #2  
I have never owned one, but this weekend was at my bro-in-laws and saw his White GT. It is about 10 years old, has a Briggs Vanguard 20hp, 54" deck and cuts about 3 out of his 8 acres. As we were marveling the tractor, he said other than a steering linkage linkage that broke, he hasn't had any problems. He said the steering linkage broke and when the dealer replaced it, they put on a much beefier shaft and link. So, there must have been an issue with them. He has been very happy with it. His is also made by MTD, so its not that old.

The newer White tractors are very nice machines. I really like their GT models. They have good solid hydros, can accept ground attachments, are comfortable and parts are plenty. Cut quality is very good too. I would seriously consider the GT950H. I don't know what your property size is, but for the money, this GT is a great value. The Tecumseh's have been very reliable as well.
White GT

/ Help! Any Ever Owned A White Outdoor or Poulan? #3  
My dealer has Toro, Kubota, Exmark, LawnBoy, Snapper Ect....

They needed to stock a line to compete with the Box and department stores. They chose White. The owner told me they are MTD products but are a step above what you find in the box and department stores. Not top of the line but good units for the $ paid.

It is hard to sell a 2-4000$ mower to a guy with a small property when He can but a MTD at Wallyworld for 795$.