ZTR specification guide

/ ZTR specification guide #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
Here is a good overview of specifications for ZTRs:

ZTR guide

/ ZTR specification guide #2  
Good link, froggy. Of course, that chart is apparently for the professional or commercial models, since I noticed they omitted the homeowner models in some, if not all, brands.

/ ZTR specification guide #3  
Cool. Can you believe that Hustler has a ZTR that weighs in at 2700 pounds!? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif That's heavier than a lot of tractors. I see that Ferris and H.E.C.K. (who the heck are they? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif) have offerings in the ZTR mowers that weigh in at nearly 2000 pounds. I thought the big Ferris model I drove this spring was heavy, 2000 pounds is for a ZTR. I think Dixie Choppers seemed pretty heavy as well, but they didn't list weights. I'm just surprised in the huge difference in the weights in some of the models. Some that are named after a large military piece (conveying the idea they are heavy weights) are some of the lighter ones. Others I've never heard of weigh twice as much for the same sized unit. Neat link. Interesting.

/ ZTR specification guide #4  
Brief addition to the list.
eXmark has added a 31hp gas model Lazer XS for 2005.
This is the machine I purchased in May and love it!
The biggest thing to look at on this chart is the tire sizes. I previously used a Woods Mow'n'Machine that couldn't hold a line on a slight grade due to the small tires.
This eXmark is a monster and has 26" drive tires. It will climb and stop anywhere I put it. Only thing you have to watch is momentum downhill on wet grass as you are trying to stop almost 2000 lbs.
New XS with 60" deck, the QDS hopper style grass catcher (no bags! - just back in, pull the handle on either side you want and you're off!), Full suspension seat (std.), tow plate, and sun shade for $12,000 delivered.
Service has been great. Lost a bolt - no charge. 10 hour break-in oil change was a snap.
This is a great machine! Very stable. Enjoyable to drive with HD pumps which require little effort to turn.
Cut my father-in-laws 10 acres in about 8 hours (His JD with 7' Wood's FM died). Even has a cup hold for a fine cold one on a hot day!
I highly recommend this machine for anyone who needs to cut a large area and doesn't want it to be a chore. It also cuts nicer than anything I've seen.
Pictures are on this site under related items - lawn.
Mr. CJ

/ ZTR specification guide #5  
froggy, Thanks for the link, I leaped on that one quick! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif