need advice on a walk behind cultivator

/ need advice on a walk behind cultivator #1  

KenPauling

Silver Member
Tractor
Now Holland TN 65D with Cab
I am having trouble keeping the weeds down in my garden. My back and legs can't work as long as they did in past years. Here is the problem. I want a powered, walk behind cultivator. Every store I go to and ask for a cultivator, tries to sell me a ROTOTILLER! I don't want a rototiller! I can't use one because I have lots and lots of ROCKS in my gardens. Some of the rocks are as big as softballs- Some bigger !! Even a 62 inch, 3 point hitch, tractor mounted rototiller snapped tines off in my garden when I tried to till up the soil. Can you immagine how long a walk behind tiller would last with a steady diet of softball size rocks? Don't tell me to pick out the big rocks. It doesn't work. I have been picking big rocks out of my gardens for 14 years and I have more big rocks in my gardens than ever! Mother earth has a endless supply in my area. Where can I buy a powered walk behind cultivator? Any ideas?

/ need advice on a walk behind cultivator #2  
   / need advice on a walk behind cultivator #4  
I have seen a video of the Berta Rotary plow for BCS 2 wheeled tractors, it is awesome.

I live in a very hilly, very rocky area, I sheared the tines of my brand new BCS 852 this year, next season I plan on getting a rotary plow, looks like it will work well.