Engine trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Engine trouble #1  

lawnduster

Bronze Member
Tractor
CAT 966, Case 580
Just truesday 7/05/05. I finally my 70's craftsman all ready to go for the first ride. I took mthe first ride it ran very strong, and wnent pretty fast. I had the throttle a wider open than it was amde to go (i kinda took the governer out of play)Every day I rode it and it ran very good. But I have no real way of controlling the throttle so it revvs when I put it in Neutral and when I activate the clutch. Up untilk sunday I had ran it in third since it is only a Four speed. 3 forward one backward. Sunday, I went for a ride down my street in second gear. ABOUT 100 yards from my driveway I noticed it started to revv kinda high. I t continued a little bit more and shut down. Noiw I cant even get a putt putt out of it even with starting fluid. On sunday I also changed the oil earlier in the day and put new spark plug in. I may have filled the oil tooo much could this be part of the problem. does anyone know what the problem may be.
it is 8 HP

/ Engine trouble #2  
relpyed to 'craftsman mower project', it might be best to keep it all in one thread, being stupid I get confused /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Engine trouble #4  
Other thread here about engine troubles

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( it still don't run, but it backfires )</font>
does this mean that as you spin it over it goes pop pop pop but doesnt start and run by itself?
Try taking the flywhhel cover off and the flywheel and see if the key is still good. it amy have shifted giving bad timing.

Please reply to this thread and dont start a new one on the same subject, otherwise Gatorboy might eat you /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Engine trouble #5  
Thread closed. Please refer to this thread.

P.S.
Friends don't let friends double, or triple, post. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.