Looking for Suggestions

/ Looking for Suggestions #1  

oviedo1579

Okay folks, just found this site today, and I am very excited about the range of experience and knowledge of it's members. Enough with the platitutes, here my situation;

I currently own 10 acres of land in the Central Florida area, it is a mixture of pasture/woodlands, and the soil ranges from sand/hardpan to for a lack of a better desciption swamp land.

I plan to use the tractor for cutting my lawn (about 1 acre), digging post holes, clear land (down trees, stumps, leveling), tilling, digging ponds and culverts. Any good suggestions.

Jim

/ Looking for Suggestions #2  
Jim, put this message on each of the different manufacturer's
"buying category" you'll probably have better luck./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Looking for Suggestions #3  
Jim, for mowing, leveling, digging post holes, and tilling, the "compact" tractors are great, but for stumps? Are you going to get a backhoe? They're expensive, but if you have enough use for it, sure nice to have. And for digging a pond? Yes, it can be done, but it'll be slow. How big a pond? What kind of budget do you have? Do you have any experience on tractors? Do you already have any brand preferences? Tell us more and we'll try to help you.

Bird

/ Looking for Suggestions
My experience with tractors is pretty much limited to a few years long ago on construction bucket loaders and backhoes.

Yes I am looking at getting the backhoe attachment, and the pond(s) will be basically clean out an existing one on the back part and digging one in the front area as a retention pond to pick overflow during those pesky hurricanes/tropical storms, that seem to happen 4 or 5 times a year here in Florida.

As for budget, I suspect between 16K to 20K range, but of course less is better.

/ Looking for Suggestions #5  
My first thoughts are to look at the B2710/2910, TC29D, and JD 4200, but it looks like you need the front end loader, box blade, tiller, post hole digger, and if you're buying new, that about blows the budget before you look at $5 to $7k for a backhoe.

Bird