Kohler governor problem

/ Kohler governor problem #1  

caddison

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 1025r
After having some problems with the carb on my Exmark Viking with a Kohler CV14T I ordered a kit for the carb and installed it. The unit never seemed to reach its specified RPM range at fast idle so I adjusted the governor to the Kohler factory specs and now the governor seems to be not working at all. I struggled to get the fast idle back to where it belongs and after removing all of the throttle linkage and readjusting everything I got it back where it belongs but still nothing with the governor.

Does anyone have any suggestions!!

/ Kohler governor problem #2  
I use a M18 Kohler and the book gives direction to set governor, inital adjustment is make sure correct throttle adjustment is correct.With enngine shut off.
1.Pull the governor arm away from the carburetor as far as it will go.
2. Grasp the end of the cross shaft with pliers and turn clockwise as far as it will go.
3.Tighten the palnut on Governor arm to 15 in lb.
Also warns that Max. speed is 3600 RPM.,No Load and not to tamper with governor linkage to increase speed.
These engines use the centrifugal fly weight mechanical governor deiven by gear on camshaft.
Hope this works a loose nut on the cross shaft could of caused a slowing of RPM.
ken