B&S 25hp Intek v-twin

/ B&S 25hp Intek v-twin #1  

bbbb

i just bout this engine model # 445777 to replace my worn B&S 18.5. I got evertthing bolted and lined up, fits great. the problem is the wiring is diferent. the new engine has a plug with
a red and orange wire spliced together i will assume it is alt. power
a green wire running from the low oil cut off switch
and that leaves a gray and a black wire that are running from the carb. float bowl.
the engine cranks and has spark, it will run if i pour gas down the carb. but the fuel pump will not work, i am assuming that it has something to do with the black and the gray wires running from the float bowl.
any ideas out there

/ B&S 25hp Intek v-twin #2  
They are the fuel shutoff solenoid wires to the bottom of the carb. Play with it some, but I believe that if you apply power to them it will open the solenoid and allow the gas to flow. When the power is off, it shuts off the flow of gas, and prevents that big backfire that this type engine is noted for.

/ B&S 25hp Intek v-twin #3  
The wires coming from the float bowl is most definitely the power supply to the fuel shut off solenoid.The solenoid is designed to work or have power when the ignition switch is in the run position, which opens the valve and lets fuel through.When the ignition switch is off, it shuts off fuel flow to the carb, to prevent unburned fuel in the hot muffler, which will ignite causing B. S. Syndrome. This condition occurs when the engine has been shut down and a few seconds after you have exited the tractor, there is an explosion, sounds like a shotgun. (Brown Shorts Syndrome.)I suspect you have an older tractor, and if the old engine did not have this feature, you may have to incorporate it into the wiring harness.

/ B&S 25hp Intek v-twin #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( i just bout this engine model # 445777 to replace my worn B&S 18.5. I got evertthing bolted and lined up, fits great. the problem is the wiring is diferent. the new engine has a plug with
a red and orange wire spliced together i will assume it is alt. power
a green wire running from the low oil cut off switch
and that leaves a gray and a black wire that are running from the carb. float bowl.
the engine cranks and has spark, it will run if i pour gas down the carb. but the fuel pump will not work, i am assuming that it has something to do with the black and the gray wires running from the float bowl.
any ideas out there
)</font>

=======What did you install it on ?