YAZOO ZERO TURNS

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS #1  

fig

Silver Member
Tractor
yanmar 1700
Guys,

I am still looking at zero turns! I don't want to throw good money after a bad thing...so.. Does anyone out there own or have experience with the Yazoo YK series mowers. The one I am looking at is a 52" cut with a 19 HP Kawasaki engine. Looks like it is built pretty well without some of the frills of other zero turns. The dealer is asking $5200 out the door and an additional $1700 for the bagger. Bagger sounds a little high.

*how well does it hold on slopes
*does the bagger pull too much HP off from the mower
*does the price sound right
*how well does it cut in dry and wet

Any info is appreciated.

Fig

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS
44 views with no replies. Maybe this means I need to stay away from Yazoo.

Fig

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS #3  
Those Walker ZTR's sure look sweet with the out-front deck that flips up, integral grass collection container with rear discharge deck (no side mounted chutes), etc. If I had the dough, that would be my pick. The pivoting wheels can be locked for better hillside control too.

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS #4  
The lawn care company that mows our lawn at work, about 15 acres, use Yazoos, they seem to work good and look as well built as any to me.

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS #5  
Over the past 8 years, we've owned two of them. The company is a spin-off from Exmark. Some family members and engineers went literally down the street in Beatrice, NB and started their own company, Kees. For years Exmark and Kees were about all you could find in ZTRs. Other companys finally noticed the design and started copying. Sometime around 1999, Yazoo bought Kees. The mowers were the same as before, just called Yazoo-Kees. I understand a few years ago Huskvarna (sp) bought the company and the plant. Yazoo-Kees are produced part of the year, then they change out the paint color and manufacture Huskys, then Toros, then Bush Hogs, etc. You may have noticed several brands on the market now that look a lot like the original Kees. Both of mine have had the 25 hp Kohler engine, the only source of any problems. Ours now has over 600 hrs and is still going strong. Good mower.

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS
Thanks guys. I am looking to buy towards the first of the year or after the first of the year. Maybe find even a better deal on a '05 model. It is too close to fall to worry about purchasing now (even though it will sit for couple of months until spring season).

I have looked at so many ZT's. I think every mfg is represented in my area. It won't be used to cut yards all day every day, but I have come to the conclusion that it will be better in the long run to buy a commercial unit that will last me a long time. I mow several yards on the side and would only see about 8 hrs mow time a week on it (includes my own yard). I am trying to get as much information and opinions as I can about different models before purchase. I don't want a constant problem on my hands.

Fig

/ YAZOO ZERO TURNS #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( then they change out the paint color and manufacture Huskys, then Toros, then Bush Hogs, etc. )</font>

That's interesting... Country Clipper says they have been making ZTR's for Snapper, Yazoo, Dixon and Bush Hog. Take a look at the first ppg on this page.