Hustler Super Mini Z

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #1  

FOURTEEN

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Power Trac PT-425
<font color="red"> I am 99% ready to buy Hustler Super Mini Z with 25HP Kawasaki and 52" Deck.

Do any of you folks own one or have strong opinions about one??

I started out thinking that the FasTrak 20/52 would be great, but rationalized that the 19/52 Mini Z was even better for a little more money. And if the Mini Z was better, the Super Mini Z would be fabulous!! Outstanding quality and features for still more money!!

Am I crazy!!??!! Hustler Super Mini Z

PS: And it's Made In
FlagWave.gif

</font>

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #2  
Attacked by the price creep bug denotes insanity? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you are crazy, I'd say it's entirely by coincidence; looks like you're actually in the sweet area with the Mini-Zs: commercial quality without going way overboard. I think the Fastracs have integrated transmissions, which [despite no first hand] I just can't warm up to for sizable lots.

Besides pure speed (which after maybe 9-10mph won't matter much, barring glassy smooth lawn or need for transport speeds), I'm not sure of the advantages on the Super; but if the price creep isn't extreme and you like the Super better: why not!

Same rules apply as with tractors, if there are other dealers you can check for some first hand comparison of brands: all the better, but it looks like you're pursuing a fine machine. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

One last note, I'm not sure if you're used to using the PT for mowing. If you're used to getting a mower deck under things you'll curse the mid-mount ZTR. The front mounts are hard to get a good buy on though.

<font color="red">edit: I just noticed the specs on the 52" say it has 6" left deck trim....still not a front mount, but not at all bad </font>

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #3  
BTW for a name like Fourteen, a character pic with 5 fingers still perplexes me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also, my hat's off to another who appreciates domestic machines! In the case of ZTRs, I think the vast majority of commercial units are still domestic. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Hustler Super Mini Z
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not sure of the advantages of the Super. )</font>

<font color="red"> My dealer said $6000 for the Mini Z 19HP/52". How about the slick Suspension Seat? An extra $600!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Then he suggested the Super Mini Z with the Suspension Seat, and better Wheel Motors, and More Speed (10mph Cut & 13mph Transport rather than 9mph), and More Power (25HP rather than 19HP), and a Transmission Oil Cooler, and a Spoiler, plus 'Bragging Rights', for $1300!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm finding it hard to resist the 'bug'!! Unless there's grass in Heaven, this will most likely be my last mower! I'd hate to spend the next ?? years thinking: "Gee, maybe I should have gotten the Super!!"!! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

</font>

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #5  
Oh, I thought you were looking at at 25HP Kaw on the Mini-Z.

I'm happy with a 21 Kaw driving the Snapper's 52" deck, but wouldn't want less [of course, it gets to mow things way taller than intended for a finish mower]. With entirely independant fluid paths [individual tanks]; that Snapper has enough volume and surface area, I can't speak for the necessity of an oil cooler, but I'll guarantee it's not a bad thing! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6 more HP, and the suspension seat! For $1300, I'd say all the other goodies are just a bonus! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Hustler Super Mini Z
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm not sure if you're used to using the PT for mowing. If you're used to getting a mower deck under things you'll curse the mid-mount ZTR. )</font>

<font color="red"> No, just brush cutting. For years I have been using my 14HP 1976 Power King with a mid-mount 48" deck for grass and leaves. That doesn't go under anything!!

That antique is fun to use, but maybe it's time for a 21st Century mower!!

PKtbn.jpg

PS: I'm keeping the Power King. It will tow my loaded 3000# trailer! Even a Super won't do that!!

</font>

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #7  
Well I'll chime in here , I looked at the super Z when I was shopping and a local dealer had over bought a bunch of 60" super Z's and was beginning to have to pay interest and was selling them at $7k even (giveaway price, I waited too long and missed out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif), They also had active cooling on trans and oil for longevity awsome machine /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

IMO the suspension seat is a must worth every penny /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The only thing you may want to research a little more before buying is fuel consumption rates of the different power configurations... My Lesco 60" has a 25hp kawasaki and while it has plenty of power ,it liked plenty of gas during initial breakin , It seems to have gotten a little better since .

But depending on how much grass your going to cut it may not matter at all...

I really dig the wheelie bars on the back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hustler Super Mini Z
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( IMO the suspension seat is a must, worth every penny. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<font color="red"> Thanks! I was wondering if that seat would be worth the money. If it wasn't, I would settle for the Mini 19. But if, as you say, it's a 'must', then the Super seems like the best way to go!
</font>

The only thing you may want to research a little more before buying is fuel consumption.

<font color="red"> I mow so little that it really doesn't matter.
</font>

I really dig the wheelie bars on the back /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="red"> Part of that 'cool factor' - big engine, big wheels, wheelie bars, spoiler!! From the rear it looks like a dragster with a mower deck!! Now if I could just find a rollbar and a small parachute!!!!
MagnumDriving.gif
AAA_smiley__.jpg
</font> )</font>

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #9  
I have a 36" Mini fastrak that I purchased in April and it is a blast to drive, after modifying the discharge chute so it wouldn't dig into the ground on steep angles..I have not had any other problems with it.
Hustler makes a good product.

/ Hustler Super Mini Z #10  
Sounds like the "Ayes" have it! When do you take delivery?! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And pictures......with the wheelie bar in action! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif