Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #1  

Montana_Jack

Tractor
Kubota M-5700 & BX 2230
I intend to purchase a ZTR and have been doing much research on this site and Lawn site. Because of the proximity of dealers where I live, I have narrowed the field to the Mini Super Z and Kubota ZG. Prices for the two are close. I have about 10 acres to mow, some finished lawn but mostly meadow with inclines up to 25*. The Kubota has ROPS as standard. I don't believe this is available on the Suoer Z even as an option. The Kubota has a shaft vs belt for transmission & mower drive. Hydro wet discs PTO clutch vs electro magnet, fuel gauge, dial cutting height adjustment vs pin and lift up mechanism standard.
The Mini Z has a lower center gravity so may be more stable on hills??. It also has a Kawasaki engine ( which I prefer) to he Kubota Kohler.
Please advise as you guys have more expertise than me. I do own a Kubota M5700 tractor that I am very satisfied with & have had good experiences with the local Kubota dealer.

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Kubota has a shaft vs belt for transmission & mower drive. Hydro wet discs PTO clutch vs electro magnet, fuel gauge, dial cutting height adjustment vs pin and lift up mechanism standard. )</font>

<font color="red"> The Kubota sounds real 'high tech', but once out of warranty, I would rather buy a new belt than repair a drive shaft, or replace an electro clutch than a Hydro wet discs PTO clutch!

The foot operated pin and lift up mechanism on the Mini is at once so simple and foolproof, but rugged and very effective!

With a 12.2 gallon fuel capacity the Mini only needs to be filled once a day!

</font>
BangHead.gif

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Mini Z has a lower center gravity so may be more stable on hills??. )</font>

<font color="red"> I'll bet that the Mini would slide on a slope long before it was in danger of rolling! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif </font>

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #4  
Lets see now, you pointed out 5 things you like less on one mower and 1 thing you like less on the other, guess it depends on how much you dislike the 1, or what is going to eat at you everytime you use the mower, if you're like me, you'll have to live with either choice for a long time. Happy mowing.

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #5  
You need to sit on both machines and see which one fits you comfortably for mowing 10 acres.

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The Kubota sounds real 'high tech', but once out of warranty, I would rather buy a new belt than repair a drive shaft, or replace an electro clutch than a Hydro wet discs)</font>

I understand your thinking. But I'd like to know how many Kubota shafts and clutches are wearing out?? With proper maintenance you should never have any trouble.

/ Hustler Mini Super Z vs KubotaZG #7  
Kubota really did that transmission right. We sell dozens of Kubota ZTR's and a handful of Ferris and Cub Cadet models and speaking from experience I can tell you that we see less Kubota's in the shop. That being said, the tranny is not somthing you can really fix yourself - if your a hands on kinda guy there may not be too much you can do if you do have issues.