BX-2200
Any one know the specs for a Kohler Command 25hp oil filter such as:

Bypass pressure
Thread size
O-ring size

Thanks,
Tim

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #2  
Trying to find a replacement for less? Try j-thomas there pretty reasonable, Maybe they will have something for you ... also you could try agri-supply ,not sure if this is really what you want ,but I hope it helps, because I don't know the answer to your question.. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #3  
Tim,

If you know the part number of the filter you could find a cross reference and filter spec's here http://www.wixfilters.com/

ed

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #4  
There's two different filters used on the Kohler CH25 (horizontal crank). I don't know about the vertical...

For the CH, in the NAPA Gold engine oil filter line, part number 1348 is the long one, and 1056 is the short one.

You should be able to cross-reference these to whatever brand you're looking for...

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters
Thanks guys for the help, I emailed Kohler and got some more info:

Area of filter media 126 sq. in.
Relief bypass pressure 8-13 psi
Threads 3/4-16 UNS pitch
O-Ring size ID 2.4 in.
OD 2.8 in.

Some of the differences between the filters available are rated micron size. I think I'm going to switch to a Purolator Pure One or a Fram Tough Guard now.

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #6  
I've got a Craftsman GT5000 with a Kohler Command Pro 25 and I've been using Fram PH7575 oil filters on it.. Any troubles with this filter?

Thanks

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #7  
It may be a Chevy vs Ford kind of issue, but I've heard several whose opinion I trust say that current Fram filters are not nearly as good as the Fram filters of yesteryear...

Meanwhile, I've never heard any negatives about Wix -- who also makes the NAPA brand name...

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters #8  
walmart doesn't sell em cause it's the best filter on the market but because it's the cheapest filter that they can buy with a recognized name. i use wix/napa but there are other good filters also. just my opinion and you know how that goes........

/ Kohler Command 25 oilf filters
I think that filter would be fine. The specifications for the bypass are 12-15 psi, so you're in the range.

Another filter which is a little taller 4.5" long is anyone of the following: Motorcraft FL-400s, Purolator L20195, Fram PH5, Purolator Pure One PL20195, or Fram Tough Guard TG3600. I like the Pure One or the Tough Guard because of the smaller pore size media they have in them. I figure anytime you can reduce the amont of dirt flowing around the engine it has to be good.

I also think the Fram's have gotten bad press because of there paper endcaps and poor bypass valve on the regular frams. My logic on that one is the filtration media is a paper blend, what can the caps be? All the caps need to do is hold the potting material and stay put. Also the the Tough Guard has metal caps and a better bypass valve, so the above becomes a non issue.