Which riding mower has the most suction?

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #11  
I use the Snapper high lift blade which is nothing more then the standard blade with wings bolted on. Perhaps its the design of the deck with its rolled under edges, but the 33" I have can pull, push and bag wet grass quite well.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #12  
I had the same set-up as Rat. Snapper 30" cut with wings bolted on the blades to provide more air folw. This thing would pick up about anything.
After 18 years I replaced it with a JD LX277, 42" cut and it bags great.

I don't think any one mower would be the "best" but I do think it is a combination of the deck and blades. A good dealer should be able to show you this.

We I was looking at the JD I was advised that if I go larger than 42" deck I would need the attachment (JD power flow) to assist in bagging.

IF we are talking about the same type JD power flow there is a belt that runs from the deck to the attached fan. I have never used one but I have talked to people who have them and they say they work excellent. If I had bought the 48" deck I would have gotten one but could not justify the cost for 42" vs 48". And I did not like the fact that the belt wes exposed.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #13  
I also have a snapper hi-vac riding mower. I have found that the only limiting factor to how well it will vacuum is the collection bag feed tube. When going through large piles of wet leaves or very tall grass, this tube will clog up on me. But other than that, it will pick up just about anything small enough to make it under the deck, including sticks and the occasional black walnut.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #14  
The one with the most suction surely must be either a Husqvarna or a Sears, since both are made by American Yard Products (AYP) a division of <font color="red"> Electrolux </font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Which riding mower has the most suction?
Wow. I'm really impressed with the speedy and helpful responses. I'm not at all familiar with Snapper line of mowers but will make some net checks to see their offerings. The JD LTR-180 has a set of blades with enormous wings and the blades are counter rotating and fixed in relationship by the use of a cog belt drive. Since debris exits through the back of the tractor I had expected some spectacular clean up of clippings leaves needles and the like. Sorry to say it's no better than my old tired worn out MTD.

For what it's worth, my experience with the JD L-111 with 42" cut was worse. Only the left side of the deck would pick up stuff. The air flow tends to push out the front on its way to the exit chute on the right hence it blows leaves on the right side of the mower deck away from and not into the mower deck. Thanks again for the input.

David.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #16  
I had an LT133 Deere with 38" 2 blade deck that was GREAT on "suction" (lifting things from the ground.) I recently replaced it with a GT235 with 48" 3 blade deck. I love the 235 but the cut quality and "suction" is nowhere near as good as the 38" on my old LT133. That small deck would make a louder whirring noise than the 48 inch deck and it would throw things out the chute with more force than the 48 incher. I don't know about the L series department store Deere decks, but I am a believer in the smaller ones on the real Deeres.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #17  
The higher the blade speed, the better the suction. Commercial Z style mowers have the highest speeds. Ask about blade speed when you are researching.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #19  
I had an LT133 Deere with 38" 2 blade deck that was GREAT on "suction" (lifting things from the ground.) I recently replaced it with a GT235 with 48" 3 blade deck. I love the 235 but the cut quality and "suction" is nowhere near as good as the 38" on my old LT133. That small deck would make a louder whirring noise than the 48 inch deck and it would throw things out the chute with more force than the 48 incher. I don't know about the L series department store Deere decks, but I am a believer in the smaller ones on the real Deeres.

I have a Deere Lt155 which is similar to the Lt133 except it is hydrostatic. The Lt155 has a 38 inch deck and ever since I bought it (14 years ago) I do not rake at all. I blow all leaves off of concrete and gravel on to lawn where I can bag them all. I'm talking a lot of leaves also. I've kind of looked for a new mower and have heard the new Deere's don't bag as well as mine, and the dealer said they were redesigning bagger for next year. I guess I will wait since my Lt155 has been bulletproof.

/ Which riding mower has the most suction? #20  
I have a Cub Cadet GT3204 with a 48" deck. I have replaced the standard blades with higher lift blades from Oregon "Gator" brand. It will pick up cleanly a standard swath of 3" tall St. Augustine grass and any acorns under it if I go slow enough. Just depends on the mower deck, travel speed, how much you are trying to pick up and how far you are trying to push it.