Default Best Walk Behind Brush Mower

What is the best brand walk behind brush mower on the market, and what is the best size to buy? I am 5 feet 8 inches tall, and weigh 170 pounds. Some of these walk behind brush mowers are hard to handle on rolling ground that I have been told by other people. I was wondering what size and brand of brush mower would be best for me.

If anyone on the TBN has a walk behind brush mower, please reply to this post. I would appreciate it very much.

Cabinholler

The water will never clear up until you get the hogs out of the pond. (You got to find what the trouble is, and eliminate it).

Tractor
    John Deere 2320 with loader, Simplicity Conquest garden tractor, BCS 830 2 wheel tractor, Gravely Pro-Turn 160 XDZ.

Default Re: Best Walk Behind Brush Mower

Check out the post by dmccarty. It's all about these machines and just a few lines down from this post.

Tractor
    Kubota M8950, Bobcat 873 SSL & Kubota ZD-331

<font color="blue">( Check out the post by dmccarty. It's all about these machines and just a few lines down from this post. </font>

Maybe this link will be easier: DR Brush Mowers, Finish Mowers and generator.

Tractor
    JD, Allis-Chalmers, Zetor

I've had a DR 15 HP bush hog for 3 years.

Uneven sharp steep ground is a workout.

I break up jobs over several weekends. Going uphill is easier as you have to hold the dead man/clutch switches anyway &amp; machine will pull you up.

Only complaint I have is the engine will not start @ 30F. But then again it's abused running near vertically at times cutting places the big mower won't fit and the DR is much cheaper to replace than the lawn tractor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Resident Architect

The DR is a direct copy (albet cheapened) of the tractor Gravely has produced for 70 years. I used a two wheel walk behind with a 30" single spindle rotary mower as a kid. I can tell you that it will shred tall grass, raspberries, small trees, and the dog's potty leash with amazing ease.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gravely-Converti...QQcmdZViewItem