Default New Holland S-12, serial no. 149780

I have been given the above named GT, it has a Kohler Kseries 12hp engine (serial no. 2416217), 48" deck (in good shape) and a 54" blade. It needs to be gotten running and restored, but basicly in good shape. Was told it was parked due to faulty ignition switch. Owner wanted $500, but was moving so he gave it to a friend, who in turn gave it to me. Seems to have a small engine for such a good sized GT. My 1973 gilson with a 48" deck, gear drive, has a 15hp industrial briggs engine. Any comments or advice. Does anyone know who made the hydro, or what year it is? Any pitfalls to this machine. It says made by Sperry-Rand Corp. Thanks, Bernie

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N

Default Re: New Holland S-12, serial no. 149780

Do not worry about the HP. The old Kseries motors can do a LOT of work. I have used an old JD 112 for years with a 10HP motor, and now I have 2 Case/ Ingersoll tractors with 14HP motors, and I have never been wanting for more power.

Default Re: New Holland S-12, serial no. 149780

very old machine from 72 era but many in use today /42"deck would be good but 48" works if you go slower. engine maybe needs some rings by now .these tractors became ariens s series and gt series there are alot of them in western mass. area and i own one that needs a new motor it was a 17hp. good luck with your tractor c-ya steve j.