back pac blowers

/ back pac blowers #1  

kenmac

Tractor
McCormick CX105 Kubota MX 5100 HST, Kubota ZD1021, Kawsaki Mule 4010 trans 4x4
Who makes the most powerful back pac blower (C.F.M.S at the nozzle ?) husky, echo, red max, etc, cost ?

/ back pac blowers #2  
Shindaiwa will have their new EB850RT out soon....it will be the biggest & baddest out.

Here is a short little article about it on our new website (which isn't finished yet but is coming along nicely).

Shindaiwa EB850RT

/ back pac blowers #3  
The Stihl BR 600 may be all you need but it is pricey. I have a Shindawa string trimmer and I think it is the best one I have ever had.

/ back pac blowers
what will be the price of the EB850RT ?

/ back pac blowers #5  
kenmac,
The Shindaiwa, Stihl and Husqvarna existing top of the line blowers are 201 MPH and roughly 1100 CFM. They all seem equilavent. Don't know about the Shindaiwa EB850RT that gamble77 linked. As a dealer he obviously has the most current info and his site says out in early 2006. I searched shindaiwa.com for EB850RT and there were no results. So if you need one now...
I have a Stihl BR340. It is a bear to start. No pump bulb nor compression release. So you tug all day to get it to go. My wife can't get it to start.
Phil

/ back pac blowers
thanks for the reply.I know that some blowers rate CFM at the housing & some rate at the tube, so its hard to determine which brand produces more CFM'S .I would like to compair all brands CFM @ the tube or housing so we are comparing apples to apples.

/ back pac blowers #7  
Kenmac -

I think the Stihl BR600 and the Echo PB-751 are in about a dead tie for most power, from what I've seen. That was 3 months ago, something else might have come out in the meantime (like the Shindaiwa). As you noted, there are a few different ways of rating blowers' capabilities: MPH of the airflow; CFM at the housing; and CFM at the outlet. Stihl's numbers might be slightly higher than the Echo, but I've tried them both and if anything the Echo seemed to do a little more actual work.

My bottom line: They are so close in power that the edge goes to design and ease of use. I think the Echo is the nicer of the two machines. And this is coming from a Stihl man. I LOVE Stihl - just not for everything. I have, and have had, a STIHL 066, 046, 036, 031, 028, 026, 011, 009, MS200T and MS191T. Different manufacturers just seem to hit the nail on the head in different parts of their product line.

What I like about the Echo: Easy, easy starting, easy to work on, GREAT air filtration system, super-long lasting engine (part of the air flow is directed over the engine for cooling), trouble free and easy to use. Again, not knocking Stihl at all, or Shindaiwa for that matter.

There might be better/more powerful blowers out there, but I urge you to try out an Echo 751 before you buy.

Good luck, John

/ back pac blowers #8  
Pricing has not been released yet. I have been telling my commercial guys that they can expect around $500.00. Oh, and the model number on that blower is EB8510RT, not EB850RT.

/ back pac blowers #9  
There is no dought that Shindaiwa and Stihl are top of the line in the small equipment department.

I recently bought an Echo 440 chainsaw and it is a beast! I think that Echo makes a great product that can hang with the others and seems to come in cheaper than the Stihl, Shindaiwa, and Husqvarnas.

Just my little plug for Echo! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Not that I'm partial to one or the other... I've just been real happy with my Echo equipment.

/ back pac blowers #10  
I use different brands for different tools.
My back pack blower is a Red Max which is easy to start and powerful. I have Shindaiwa Chainsaw (488 w/ 20" bar) and string trimer.