Tire Comes off Bead

/ Tire Comes off Bead #1  

TimberXX

Platinum Member
Tractor
BCS 770 Italian 2 Wheel Tractor, Grillo 107d, BCS 853, Deere x350, Deere x730
I have a 11 year old murray (hold the jokes please /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif). It is a rear engine rider. The front tires have been coming off the bead constantly for the past year. Does anybody have any hints to stop this?

/ Tire Comes off Bead #2  
The usual reason for this is insufficient air pressure. When you turn the lateral pressure breaks the bead.

Make sure your tires are staying inflated. You may have leaks.

/ Tire Comes off Bead #3  
I have an old Ropper Rally, or is that a Rally Ropper?/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I can never remember. It is used as my wife’s buggy to hall her trailer full of gardening stuff around. The deck is long gone…. So we are talking OLD! I was having the same problem with it, put in four inner tubes and problem solved!

Hope this helps,

Gary

/ Tire Comes off Bead #4  
One of my brothers used to have a lawnmower like that; very small tires on the front that kept coming off the rim, even when inflated to the recommended pressure and he finally took both tires and wheels to one of the places that fills tractor tires with foam and had those little tires foam filled, and of course, that eliminated the problem.

/ Tire Comes off Bead #5  
I'll 2 nd. that inner tube suggestion. There cheap. I did the same.

/ Tire Comes off Bead
are "tubed" tires more likely to pop compared to non tubed? Is a tube as easy to change in a mower as a bike?

/ Tire Comes off Bead #7  
I have never had my “tubed” tires pop any more or less than tubeless tires. It took me a couple of screw drivers and about 10 minutes per tire to install the tubes. No big deal. And once they are done, that should be the last you will ever have to worry about them.

Good luck,

Gary