Great Dane Zero turn problem

/ Great Dane Zero turn problem #1  

Slippy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 6000 4wd; IH x2; NHTC40DSS; International 1086; JD 5115M
Great Dane zero turn will not move. Levers pushed forward or back, nothing happens. All linkage appears in place. All lines hooked up, no leaks, hydro fluid full. Belt is on, but no tension on it. In order for pumps to work, belt must obviously turn. There is a tensioner but it does not seems to be putting tension on the belt. Can anyone help.

/ Great Dane Zero turn problem #2  
Now I don't know a thing about a Great Dane, but on the few models of other brands that I'm familiar with, there is one or more levers that you have to move and lock in place if you want to move the machine by hand. So my first thought is to wonder if someone has done that and not changed it back.

/ Great Dane Zero turn problem
I read the manual and it talks about those levers on the left side of the pump, but I can't seem to find them. I don't think they are disengaged because I jacked it up and there is a lot of resistance on the wheels to turn them by hand. I emailed Great Dane/jd a week ago and still no response. Thanks for your thoughts though.

/ Great Dane Zero turn problem #4  
Make sure tensioner moves freely.
You probably lost a tensioner spring.

Figured out the problem. It is very simple actually. There is a tension pully that provides tension on the drive belt. The belt simply slipped off, no tension, thus no power. I simply took a screw driver and moved the belt on the tension side of the pully, and away I went. I suppose the belt will need to be replaced soon. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Great Dane Zero turn problem #6  
Glad it turned out to be something simple.

For those that are interested, Great Dane just got bought out again. Can't remember the name of the company, but they have been bought from JD. I finally got a reply to my email saying they are sorry for the delay, but in process or reorganizing. They would not let me purchase parts directly from them, gave me the name of a dealer to go through, who I already called and was told they don't handle Great Dane anymore. Hopefully they can get their act together soon.