JD L111 vs Cub Cadet LT1042...?

/ JD L111 vs Cub Cadet LT1042...? #1  

rixter

ok, it's down to these two models. they're so similar in design, power, etc.
The JD is A$200 more in Australia but i feel they have a better spare parts set up and i think i prefer the v twin B&S 20hp engine over the Kholer 19hp
Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated...

/ JD L111 vs Cub Cadet LT1042...? #2  
Personally I would rather have the $200 in my pocket. If the JD has better patrs availability and you prefer the B&S than it sounds like you know which one you want. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ JD L111 vs Cub Cadet LT1042...? #3  
I would use that extra $200 and step up to the LT1046 which has a Kohler Command V-Twin motor which will put either motor in the JD or LT1042 to shame and will last MUCH longer. Of course if you are limited by deck size then this won't be an option...

/ JD L111 vs Cub Cadet LT1042...? #4  
Which one "feels" better for you ergonomically? Control location, seat positioning, stuff like that can be pretty important.

As far as the $$$, figure out how long you expect to own it and divide the money by the time. If the more expensive one will cost you an additional buck and some change a month over ten years but will be more fun / more better to use then I'd say get that one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif