Electric Log Spliter

/ Electric Log Spliter #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
One of my brothers is looking at the 6-Ton models sold by Northern and DR. He wants an electric one so he can use it in his cellar. I see they are rated for 6-ton. Does anyone own one? Most of the gas jobs are like 20 ton. I have been skeptical of 6-ton actually being able to split any sizeable log.

Thanks!

/ Electric Log Spliter #2  
You are correct in your skepticism. They are a bit slow and weak, but are handy for indoor use. I have seen them used on up to about 12 inch diameter chunks with ok results. Of course it will depend on the type of wood and dryness,etc....
Ben

/ Electric Log Spliter #3  
Here's a link to a 12-ton electric splitter - Bachtold - A splitter for all seasons. . Not sure about cycle times/speed, but it looks pretty well made, and it's just over $1000.

Good luck, and be careful - a local farmer just lost his right forearm to a splitter.

/ Electric Log Spliter #4  
I'll try and get some pics over the weekend of what you can get for $750 when when you have a 13hp engine with nothing to do. It's not like anything ya'll have probably seen before. Disclaimer: This requires you to find a deal too cherry to pass, and either have the knowledge or FREINDS to get it all together. All I know is my splitter KICKS @$$!

/ Electric Log Spliter #5  
Come on rback33, pictures!!! We need pictures! Especially after an intro like that /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif