Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 325,Gt225,, 110, XUV550S4, Kubota L275

Default Electric Log Spliter

One of my brothers is looking at the 6-Ton models sold by Northern and DR. He wants an electric one so he can use it in his cellar. I see they are rated for 6-ton. Does anyone own one? Most of the gas jobs are like 20 ton. I have been skeptical of 6-ton actually being able to split any sizeable log.

Thanks!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    IH 2444

Default Re: Electric Log Spliter

You are correct in your skepticism. They are a bit slow and weak, but are handy for indoor use. I have seen them used on up to about 12 inch diameter chunks with ok results. Of course it will depend on the type of wood and dryness,etc....
    Ben

Tractor
    Kubota L5030HST

Here's a link to a 12-ton electric splitter - Bachtold - A splitter for all seasons. . Not sure about cycle times/speed, but it looks pretty well made, and it's just over $1000.

Good luck, and be careful - a local farmer just lost his right forearm to a splitter.

I'll try and get some pics over the weekend of what you can get for $750 when when you have a 13hp engine with nothing to do. It's not like anything ya'll have probably seen before. Disclaimer: This requires you to find a deal too cherry to pass, and either have the knowledge or FREINDS to get it all together. All I know is my splitter KICKS @$$!

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Zennoh 2210 / Cub Cadet 3240

Come on rback33, pictures!!! We need pictures! Especially after an intro like that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]