RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers

/ RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers #1  

TractorLegend

Platinum Member
Tractor
2012 DK 45HST SE w/ FEL
In my unoficial "owned them both" testing, the RedMax wins hands down. This thing has all the power you'd ever need, no need to spend 100.00 more on the heavier 8000 series.
The Stihl had warranty issues right out of the box and was unimpressed with its WEAK output. I traded off the Stihl and am VERY happy with the Red Max. I got mine off eBay brand new for approx 411.00 w/ shipping from Dixie Outdoor Power. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers #2  
If there is one area in hand held power equipment where I do not think Stihl is one of the top two players it would have to be backpack blowers. I think Red-Max & Shindaiwa are leading the way right now, although Husky. just came out with some nice "lesser powered" blowers that are the quietest on the market. Stihl's blowers look nice but don't have the specs to compete with the "big boys"

/ RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers #3  
i have the husky complete line, i have the Shindaiwa sales rep wanting me to take on her line. i have heard good things about the trimmers & the blowers. do u have any thoughts about there chain saws? i had a trimmer in my hands a there was a lot of vibes there (the trimmer) the saw did not feel much of a dif comparing it to a husky chain saw.compared same close hp for each.

thanks charlie

/ RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers #4  
Shindaiwas saw line is in the middle of a complete transformation. Obviously they are not "known" for their chain saws but most of my guys stick with the Shindaiwa saws because of their motors. The Shindaiwa motors are top notch and most of my guys that own other Shindaiwa equipment love the motors so much they don't want anything else.

Again, Shindaiwa does not have the most complete line of saws on the market, but they are good and their motors are excellent. Might be hard to sell against a husky though, although I think their edgers and blowers will really shine in your store.

/ RedMax 7001 vs Stihl BR500 leaf blowers #5  
I went with the red max 7001. Bought it from the same place. nice folkes at dixie power equip.You can call them direct without going through E- Bay. I don't have a lawn care business ,I bought mine just to use around the house . tHE 7001 has great power . It will blow a brick around ! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I looked at the shindiawa,but didn't know how much trouble (if any) the timing chain/ valves in the engine would be in the future.