Does JD make riding mowers?

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #1  

JohnBoy45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800DT
A salesman at Lowes store told me that JD made there own riding mowers and not someone else.

Terry

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #2  
good ?, but who knows. watch what u say about jd. if u ask 2 many ? u will up set the big green crowd and they will pull your ?.

yes i am pretty sure they make there on lawn tractors. talking 2 a friend who is a jd lawn dealer a few years back they cheapin there line 2 get more of the market.

they don't make all of there farm tractors. some r made in japan by yanmar (which is not a bad thing yanmar makes a good tractor) the thing that is funny is they seem 2 try and keep it a secret.

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #3  
Deere has a plant in Horicon, WI that makes all there lawn and garden mowers. Toured their plant two years ago and was real impressed with the quality and care that went into their machines. Also saw the HPX 4wd Gators going through the line.
The dealers sell the same models that are at Lowes and at HD box stores, and I believe for the same price too. It's all a part of supplying the needs of those who want Deere quality (or just the color). Its good business to go after market share. I like an American company that knows how to stay in business. Some find that difficult to swallow but so be it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #4  
The Deere "L" series and the G110 are made by Deere in a plant in Tennessee. This factory was originally set up to produce the Scotts by Deere tractors, which evolved into the Sabre line (remember them?) and finally the "L" series. Deere wanted to offer a line that was competitive in price with Sears, Walmart, etc. One way to trim costs was the factory in TN where labor is cheaper, taxes are lower and the machines themselves are designed to be less expensive to build. All the rest of Deere's lawn and Garden tractors are made in the Horicon plant mentioned above. But they are all made by Deere.

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #5  
Linpat, sorry if I offend you but to me your posts are so hard to read when you use text message lingo or short cuts. Maybe if I wasn't 50 years old I wouldn't mind so much, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #6  
Are any riding mowers imported? All the lines I deal with - Cub, NH, Kubota are all built domesticly.

/ Does JD make riding mowers? #7  
no u did not offend me, i was making a joke about the jd guys. when u say it is jd it is the best. LOL!!!!
i have looked at 5 dif skids 1 being jd all the other brands give u a weakness not jd, sometimes jd salesman r not realistic. they think that if it says jd u should buy.