$5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #1  

FOURTEEN

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Power Trac PT-425
<font color="red">
I love my new Hustler Fastrac 52/20, but the ride was too firm! After trying various solutions I have installed an inexpensive, heavy duty, and very comfortable Air Suspension Seat. You can too!

At the local TSC store buy a 10” Pneumatic (4.10/3.50-4) Tire/Wheel Combo With Steel Hub (TSC#3551979) for less than $5.oo.
Deflate the tube inside the tire.
Remove and discard the wheel and hub.
Inflate the tube inside the tire to 1~4 psi. The tire protects and reinforces the tube.
Remove and discard the two hold down bolts from the rear seat frame.
Tilt the seat forward.
Position the tire with the rear of the tire on the cross member and the front of the tire on the rear of the battery.
Use a TyRap cable tie around the rear of the tire and the cross member to hold the tire in position.
Tilt the seat back. (Most of the operator’s weight is on the cross member.)

With the seat empty, the rear seat frame is about 2” above the cross member. With my 210# on the seat, the rear seat frame is about 1-1/4” above the cross member. During mowing over rough ground the space will vary from 2” to about 1/2”, but the seat frame will not bounce up off the tire, or bottom out on the cross member. Adjust the tire pressure to suit the weight of the operator.

Air is better than springs, pads, or cushions because with only slight movements the ride is very soft and compliant, while larger movements are progressively resisted by the compression of the air.
</font>
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
PneumaticSeatss.jpg

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #2  
Neat solution Fourteen! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #3  
I------ like it!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I'll look into that for my Z also because the adjustable seat wasn't an option on my mower and I'm sure it will make a noteable difference... Thanks for the tip /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat
<font color="red"> I have been using my $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat for several months now. It work great with a softer smoother ride and no problems whatsoever! AND, you can't beat the price!!</font>

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat
<font color="red"> I have been using my $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat for several months now. It work great with a softer smoother ride and no problems whatsoever! AND, you can't beat the price!!</font>

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #7  
It's gonna cost me 10 bucks, as a member of my family (I won't say who) is a bit wider in the beam and I'm afraid will require two. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #8  
It's gonna cost me 10 bucks, as a member of my family (I won't say who) is a bit wider in the beam and I'm afraid will require two. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #9  
I think that should work on my Dixie Chopper too!

/ $5.oo Hustler Fastrac Air Suspension Seat #10  
I think that should work on my Dixie Chopper too!