Bad tranny ?

/ Bad tranny ? #1  

Anonymous Poster

started up my tractor today , seemed to rev more than normal when in gear ( hdyro trans ) cut it off and pulled the release valve , nope wheels wouldnt turn free -- limped back to where I park it , trans seemed hot -- checked the linkage to the valve , not that -- tranny does whine , checked the belts not them -- 20 horse MTD 46 in. cut -- just over 2 years old , worked fine last week ? -- now just whines and will barely move -- any hints ? -- thanks much

/ Bad tranny ?
nah don't think so -- checked the linkage to them and the parking brake also -- both seem free -- had the thought to -- the whining starts soon as its put in gear even just a little -- go out and fool with it some more today I think -- needed a break from the damn thing lol -- check them brakes agian -- thanks for the reply !

/ Bad tranny ?
thanks for the motovation lol ---- took off the cover in front of the seat -- took the batt./box out -- low and behold I see the guide for the brake linkage had come loose , pivoted and bound up the linkage -- also the return spring used on the tractor is very weak -- found me a spring in my bolt/odd n end collection -- with that put on , and the guide put back where it should be -- a good spraying with wd , I'am back in the saddle -- so , much thanks for the kick n the a-- it got me thinking brakes

/ Bad tranny ? #5  
Sometimes it's the little things that we all over look !!
Been there and done that too./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Glad your up and running again, with out digging into the wallet.

Camshaft in Pa.