Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #1  

1BTanner

I have a chance to buy a used FasTrak 20/52 with the Honda Engine for $4300. The mower looks brand new and it's only been used for private residential mowing for one season. The original owner is trading it in on a much larger mower due to the completion of a new home with multiple acres to mow. I will be mowing approx. 1.5 acres. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #2  
I believe that machine retails for around $5K (or more depending or engine choice), but I would bet you could make a deal for a new unit for not much more than $4300. I would see if you can get it for a few hundred less.

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #3  
I was looking at a new one (last year's model) last weekend and was quoted a a price of $4550. This was about 15% off the list price.

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #4  
Btanner, I would want to make sure When I cost compare price that I specify the fastrack with the Honda engine only because they cost more than the other optional engines available... With that said ,I really don't know what a fast track sells for... But that price doesn't sound out of line when you consider a Lowes cubcadet entry level ZTR for $3k and the hustler could be considered a commercial mower....

Just ask if thats your best price , Then make your decision /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #5  
The Fastrak is Hustler's larger consumer machine (the trannies would be like the $4K Cubs at TSC, heaver than the smaller version on the $3K RZT), but the few reviews around here have sure been positive. I think it does have a heavier frame and deck than the $4K machines.

As to the Honda, first look at the extra initial $$$, then ask yourself how much it's worth to you for the current value.

For a season on it, I wouldn't pay over 80% (and that's assuming you also save perhaps 5% tax); remember the new machine might have attractive financing too.

<font color="red"> edit: at the risk of stating the obvious, I have no idea how value holds in your area, so may be way off </font>

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52
Thanks for all of the informative responses. I'm going to return back to the dealer and start negotiations on a new unit!! I'll let you know how it goes! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Help w/ decision on Used Hustler FasTrak 20/52 #7  
You should have some luck in talking with a dealer. I got a new Fastrak 20/52 for about 4600 last October. So, for a used one, you should pay substantially less than that (even with one season of use).
I wholeheartedly endorse the Hustlers. I bought this one because of the lifetime warranty on the deck, and after using it, I can see how they can offer that. It is built like a tank, and that engine (the Honda) runs like a top.
Good Luck!