Grasshopper 725

/ Grasshopper 725 #1  

epic6500sr

Tractor
Grasshopper 725 G2,321D and a John Deere L100
I would like to know if anyone has any expierence with the grasshopper 725. I want to know if you have any engine or deck problems i am buying it used it has a 72 inch deck. It has a 25hp Kubota 3 cylindar Liquid cooled gas engine. I would appriciate any help thanks

/ Grasshopper 725 #2  
Welcome to TBN. It's helpful to complete some more info on your profile, location, lot size, etc. I'm not familiar with the grasshoper 725, but someone out there is and the number of hours on the tractor would be helpful.

good luck with your purchase.

/ Grasshopper 725 #3  
I have a gas powered G725 with the 3 cyl. Kubota engine and 61" deck and I have a diesel powered 22 hp 3 cyl. Kubota engine. After using them both, the only difference I can tell is that the gas powered unit runs smoother than most cars, and it also drinks gas just a little over twice as fast as the diesel model. I think I'm getting close to 1000 hours on the diesel unit and all I ever do is to change blades once a year (sharpen then during the year), and change the neoprene bushings that hold the deck to the tractor (about $4).

They will climb like a billy goat and ride so much better than a mid mount unit. I bought the diesel unit to mow 2 commercial jobs that would pay for the unit in 2 years for me. I liked the unit so well that I bought a 2nd one to go with it, but not before I test drove about every other quality unit available. Good luck!