Thinking of trading in the Cub

/ Thinking of trading in the Cub #1  

I am thinking of trading in My Cub Cadet 1042 for a Deere. I have been very unhappy with this mower when I try and go uphill it just bogs down or stops. I know there is a recall on this problem and the shop is checking into this now. It is back in for repairs (again) and it only has 20 hours on it. This was my very first lawn tractor and appears to have been a poor choice. I am looking for some recommendations from this crowd on which deere would be good for me. A couple features I really like on the CC and want to get again is the 42" deck, the hydrostatic transmission, and the ability to mow in reverse, and the mulching plug. I have about 1 acre with about a 20 degree incline in the backyard. I have very few obstacles to mow around. I also would like a deck that is easy to remove for cleaning because I am a fanatic about constantly cleaning my mower deck, even on my push mower. Any suggestions this group has for me are welcome. Thanks, I look forward to hearing from some of you.

/ Thinking of trading in the Cub #2  
I purchased a new JD LX288 this past fall and I am very pleased with it. It has the 48 inch deck but a 42 inch deck was avaiable. It has hydro drive with cruise and really drives good. Last year was the last year for this model but there are still some on dealer lots. I have not seen the replacement models. I have had very good luck with JD mowers over the years. I have owned the 160, LX188(water cooled), STX38 and all have given me good service. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif