HELP!! Can't decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544

/ HELP!! Can't decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544 #1  

gjjbmoore

Tractor
Cub Cadet GT2542
HELP!! Can\'t decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544

I've researched both series of tractors until my eyes hurt. I have the money for the cheaper LT line, including a bagger and utility cart. I would have to borrow about $1500 to make up the difference for the GT2544. Who can help me?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Is there anyone out there who bought the LT and wish they would have gotten the GT series, or vica-versa?? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I mow approx 3/4 of an acre, but I would use my tractor to haul mulch and dirt, and a couple of kids....
Help, I'm trying to convince my wife to go for the better, stronger GT series...Help! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ HELP!! Can't decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544 #2  
Re: HELP!! Can\'t decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544

I recently purchased the LT 1046 and have about 5 hours on it. I have about 1.5 acres of fairly flat land and really won't be pulling anything. The 1046 was the right choice for me with the belt drive. Sounds like the GT 2544 will be a better choice for you because of the shaft drive and heavier construction. I hope this helps. Good luck with which ever you choose.

/ HELP!! Can't decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544
Re: HELP!! Can\'t decide, Cub Cadet LT1046, or GT2544

Thanks TangoWhisky for your post. I hope you have good luck with your 1046. I like the 2 cyclinder engine in this model. I think the Cub tractors are awesome, no matter which one you choose. I think more people buy the LT's, so there a lot more posts on them. Happy Tractoring! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif