Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720

/ Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720 #1  

hmfc00

I was looking for any information at all on the Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720. Reliability, Part availibility, standard features (specifically whether hydraulics came standard) Work load expectation. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. Harold

/ Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720 #2  
Welcome to TBN.

I don't know about the 720, but we had a 620 and it had a pair of outlets up front and a three point hitch and a rear 2000 rpm pto standard as I remember.

Good luck finding info on the 720.

/ Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720 #4  
I have had an Allis Chalmers 620 Tractor for 30 plus years. It is virually identical to the 720 (slightly older). First came the 616, then the 620 and finally the 720. Base tractor came with a 19.5 HP Onan engine, turf tires, Cat 0 3 pt hitch, front electric PTO and hydrostatic drive. Options were front hydraulics (for blade, snowblower, sweeper, etc.), ag tires or super floation turfs, and rear pto (2000 RPM for tiller, RFM, etc).

Attachments were plentiful; 60" MMM, 58" side sickle mower, 50" front snowblower, 60" front sweeper, 60" front blade, FEL, 50" rototiller, 3 pt blade, RFM, and 48" brush mower. In addition, many aftermarket attachments.

Allis Chalmers owned Simplicity at the time so there were Simplicity models compareable to the AC Models (9020 etc).

The tractors were built like a tank. The weak spot was the fuel delivery system of Onan engine. It tended to overheat when worked hard. The mechanical fuel pump would vapor lock and stop the engine. The problem was solved by replacing the mechanical fuel pump with an electric one mounted outside the engine compartment.

The 60" MMM is the predecessor to today's Simplicity MMMs. IMO the best cutting midmount mower ever built. Almost impossible to scalp and that nice baseball park-like striping.

I don't use mine as much as I used to, but would not hesitate to put it back into major service if my other units failed me.

OrangeGuy

Attachments

• 879777-P6170016.JPG
    879777-P6170016.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 8,287
   / Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720 #5  
I have a Simplicity PowerMax 4041 with the 19hp Onan. Love it. Mine has the 60" MMM that I use, a 60" rear blade, front hydraulic blade and a Danco RFM/bushhog. Pretty awesome tractor and I use mine to still cut the banks of my pond.

/ Allis Chalmers Garden Tractor 720 #6  
I have a Simplicity PowerMax 4041 with the 19hp Onan. Love it. Mine has the 60" MMM that I use, a 60" rear blade, front hydraulic blade and a Danco RFM/bushhog. Pretty awesome tractor and I use mine to still cut the banks of my pond.