Silver Member
    Tractor
    bx1500

Default older simplicity garden tractor problem

I am posting this question for someone that has been having a hot soak no start on an older simplicity 15 horse Briggs twin. I think the model was a 1548. He states that it runs perfectly but will not restart after a hot shutdown. He must let it cool, then it starts. He wonders if it has something to do with the ignition system because it doesn't seem to have a very hot spark. I have not seen the unit, so I can't add much. He said he replaced the coil assembly and it still didn't help. Any help would be appreciated, since he's been struggling with this problem for a while.

Tractor
    Cub Cadet 682

Default Re: older simplicity garden tractor problem

That sounds so perfectly like the ignition condenser to me- just the problem it will give. On battery/coil ignition if the points are set right and the spark is yellow, its the condenser which often when bad will not give itself away until the engine is warm. Also check coil to plug wire and spark plug boot.

-Fordlords-